Traits That Make You Wary

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
A few folk I have to have work dealings with. Mainly London based who think they are on the Apprentice.

How many of them have you punched? The only unacceptable answer is zero.

I haven’t had the privilege of being in punching distance yet. One colleague, however, is in a bit of trouble for calling one of them an attention seeking c**t. He might have got away with it if it hadn’t been to his face in a meeting!

16 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I haven’t had the privilege of being in punching distance yet. One colleague, however, is in a bit of trouble for calling one of them an attention seeking c**t. He might have got away with it if it hadn’t been to his face in a meeting!

:lol: Superb.

Can you tell him that there is a guy on the internet who loves him. 

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not sure if it counts as a trait (I’m almost certain it doesn’t), but I’m wary of people with incorrect spellings of simple names.

I know this is generally the fault of the parents, but I’m increasingly coming across people who are “rebranding themselves”.

Also, people who “rebrand themselves”.

In a similar vein , people who call themselves by their initials rather than their name. Going back in time there was a fud on my course at Uni whose first name was Colin and middle name started with a J , who always called himself CJ.

He probably never got where he is today by telling folk his name is actually Colin.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

In a similar vein , people who call themselves by their initials rather than their name. Going back in time there was a fud on my course at Uni whose first name was Colin and middle name started with a J , who always called himself CJ.

He probably never got where he is today by telling folk his name is actually Colin.

There was a kid in my son's primary school class called JC. Didn't stand for anything; that was the name (supposedly) on his birth certificate: JC McGlumpher*.

Just, why.

(*probably wasn't his last name TBF)

Fans of Michael Jackson - I've met a few who've seemed normal enough (though often slightly eccentric) but as soon as they hear his name mentioned they become different people.  It's like they're in a cult.  Of course, since that documentary came out they've become even more radicalised.

They also have a bad habit of only referring to him as 'Michael', despite not knowing him personally.

7 hours ago, A96 said:

You went to college with this c**t?

CJ-de-Mooi-400.jpg.1211e4c22bed49304bd27ab6bee2bf22.jpg

On 29/09/2019 at 19:50, Lee Van Tee said:

'Supporting' individual players. My son has a pal who the moment Kieran Tierney signed for Arsenal rushed out and bought an Arsenal top.

He admits if he'd have signed for say, Chelsea, then they would have become his English team.

Nothing wrong with that. The moment I learned we had sold Lewis Morgan to Celtic, I instantly became a fan of every English Championship and League One club, so that I could follow his career.

People who are constantly making phone calls - for example when I see neighbours or acquaintances from work on the phone to someone immediately after leaving their home or their work every single day. You would think the reaction would be “they like keeping in contact with family and friends and actually speaking to people rather than texting, what a nice person” but instead I think “they must be a right fucking pain in the arse to know”.

Fans of Michael Jackson - I've met a few who've seemed normal enough (though often slightly eccentric) but as soon as they hear his name mentioned they become different people.  It's like they're in a cult.  Of course, since that documentary came out they've become even more radicalised.
They also have a bad habit of only referring to him as 'Michael', despite not knowing him personally.

The demonstration in London against the doc is a sight to behold.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/michael-jackson-fans-protest-outside-channel-4-ahead-release-sex-abuse-documentary-8842578/

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I find the way they wilfully ignore his stotting because they like his music concerning

see also clyde fans

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

On a similar vein, fans at the football who call footballers by nicknames that the other players call them. It’s creepy.

On 29/09/2019 at 15:37, pozbaird said:

I think the service personnel one is a tough one to figure out. On one hand, I could never do what they do, and certainly, back in the day when the bad guys were clearly bad and needed sorted out (I.E. they had dodgy moustaches and didn’t care much for Jewish punters), then I am incredibly glad for their service and sacrifice. Fast-forward to 2019 though, and I think there’s a sense that merely by being in the forces, that makes all of them ‘brave heroes’, and should almost be treated as Mother Teresa of Calcutta. I don’t get that. It’s almost like if you don’t subscribe to the view that they’re all heroes, then you are an ungrateful cnut who merely revels in the freedom they provide you with. Maybe it’s just me. As I said, I couldn’t do their job, I’m a big softy, but I couldn’t do a nurses job, or a hundred other hard, and very worthy, jobs either.

I agree completely with this. Was watching the Sportscene highlights of Accies v Livi last night and was reminded of the horrendous "If you don't stand behind our soldiers feel free to stand in front of them" advertising hoarding. Absolutely not having that sort of patter at all, it's usually spouted by absolute pondlife who are either mental ex-squaddies, VL weekend TA warriors or fat people who read The Sun and have IQs of about 45.

Oh, and while I'm at it, people who read The Sun. Or the Express. Or any such similar rag and accept what it says verbatim. 

8 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I agree completely with this. Was watching the Sportscene highlights of Accies v Livi last night and was reminded of the horrendous "If you don't stand behind our soldiers feel free to stand in front of them" advertising hoarding. Absolutely not having that sort of patter at all, it's usually spouted by absolute pondlife who are either mental ex-squaddies, VL weekend TA warriors or fat people who read The Sun and have IQs of about 45.

Oh, and while I'm at it, people who read The Sun. Or the Express. Or any such similar rag and accept what it says verbatim. 

I go to the NFL at Wembley every year, and we all know how big into the services our American cousins are. I’m fine with it in general - there’s service personnel holding the huge flags during the anthems or whatever. At one game though, the announcer drew our attention to the big screens, on which they were showing a soldier who was standing in one of the endzones in his uniform. The announcer said something along the lines of ‘today’s member of the armed forces is Corporal Brett Johnson, please show your appreciation...’ etc. There was no explanation, I.E. Corporal Johnson was there because he’d done something extraordinary, rescued someone, foiled a Taliban raid on a hospital, or managed to sit through a St Mirren v Hamilton game without falling asleep. Nothing. It was bizarre in my view, It was like, ‘here’s a soldier - applaud him, you cnuts’. A bit of a reason for applauding the bloke would have been nice. I’d have joined in, if he’d a good reason for being wheeled out there.

People who are constantly making phone calls - for example when I see neighbours or acquaintances from work on the phone to someone immediately after leaving their home or their work every single day. You would think the reaction would be “they like keeping in contact with family and friends and actually speaking to people rather than texting, what a nice person” but instead I think “they must be a right fucking pain in the arse to know”.

They are all just trying to avoid talking to you.

I didn’t get where I am today ......

IMG_1569887652.739321.jpg

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I go to the NFL at Wembley every year, and we all know how big into the services our American cousins are. I’m fine with it in general - there’s service personnel holding the huge flags during the anthems or whatever. At one game though, the announcer drew our attention to the big screens, on which they were showing a soldier who was standing in one of the endzones in his uniform. The announcer said something along the lines of ‘today’s member of the armed forces is Corporal Brett Johnson, please show your appreciation...’ etc. There was no explanation, I.E. Corporal Johnson was there because he’d done something extraordinary, rescued someone, foiled a Taliban raid on a hospital, or managed to sit through a St Mirren v Hamilton game without falling asleep. Nothing. It was bizarre in my view, It was like, ‘here’s a soldier - applaud him, you cnuts’. A bit of a reason for applauding the bloke would have been nice. I’d have joined in, if he’d a good reason for being wheeled out there.

That's quite 'North Korea', really.

I hate the prominence of the military at sporting events. Armed Forces Day, soldiers carrying the cup etc. It can all GTF. There is absolutely no good reason for it.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

In America it is not unknown for members of the services to appear on quiz shows dressed in uniform and get an instant cheer from the audience.