Traits That Make You Wary

9 hours ago, sugna said:

I see this point of view a lot. I know exactly two vegans well enough for veganism to have cropped up in conversation. They are two of the nicest, most self-effacing people I know; and their veganism generally only comes up when I ask them specific things (out of genuine interest), or when they apologetically and in embarrassment decline an offer of a particular food.

'mon the vegans!

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah I’ve heard many people complain about being lectured by vegans or vegetarians but I’ve never been lectured at or seen it happen to anyone else.

I was eating a sausage at work once and the vegan started lecturing me on what a bad person I was.  Another time she started lecturing another woman because she put milk in her coffee.

22 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I was eating a sausage at work once and the vegan started lecturing me on what a bad person I was.  Another time she started lecturing another woman because she put milk in her coffee.

Some people take surgery far too seriously.

You’ve got a bad vegan. Our vegan friend doesn’t complain if I eat steaks in front of her, as I do at all three meals when she stays with us.

I generally avoid anyone who looks like they are into indie/Britpop music. I.e. floppy hair, untucked checked shirt and Adidas gazelle type trainers.
You just know that they are going to be an absolute fucking walloper.

They are also not wearing trousers.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You’ve got a bad vegan. Our vegan friend doesn’t complain if I eat steaks in front of her, as I do at all three meals when she stays with us.

She also talked about how as she's a vegan, she's a better person and all that stuff.  Apparently she's never eaten meat ever in her life, so it really was coming from a fanatical perspective.

On top of that, she was an only-child and very oversharing about her bisexuality (not a wid!).  Thankfully she's emigrating to New Zealand next month so I won't see her ever again. :)

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

She also talked about how as she's a vegan, she's a better person and all that stuff.  Apparently she's never eaten meat ever in her life, so it really was coming from a fanatical perspective.

On top of that, she was an only-child and very oversharing about her bisexuality (not a wid!).  Thankfully she's emigrating to New Zealand next month so I won't see her ever again. :)

Boot her in the vegan sausage roll as a going away gift. 

On 23/09/2019 at 22:09, tamthebam said:

Two pages in and no-one has yet said:

People who say "Hi, I'm (insert any username) on Pie and Bovril"... 

😂 Never had that on for football, but clubbing in Glasgow used to always involve folk coming up in the subby and telling you what their slamboard username was. I think I knew more people by their online names than I ever did by remembering their real names.