PLZ Soccer and Scottish Football Fans

2 hours ago, Dele said:

"we've been going for years" 

Yet nobody has ever heard of you. 

It's perfectly understandable why you personally haven't heard of us. We only cover the top flight, a competition that doesn't affect you and doesn't look like it will be affecting you any time soon.... oh and some of the people above have just said they've heard of us :)

8 minutes ago, PLZ Soccer said:

It's perfectly understandable why you personally haven't heard of us. We only cover the top flight, a competition that doesn't affect you and doesn't look like it will be affecting you any time soon.... oh and some of the people above have just said they've heard of us :)

This surely must be someone pretending to be PLZ?

I can't imagine any media honcho thinking it'd be a good idea to promote via PnB, far less to then have the lackey assigned to the task start insulting lower league Scottish football, with the implication that it doesn't matter...

1 minute ago, killiefan27 said:

This surely must be someone pretending to be PLZ?

I can't imagine any media honcho thinking it'd be a good idea to promote via PnB, far less to then have the lackey assigned to the task start insulting lower league Scottish football, with the implication that it doesn't matter...

Nobody has been assigned the task. I'd like to engage with fans at clubs and get more input and felt it best to ask real fans for it. Alot of people say the media don't do enough to cover Scottish football, we'd like to change that which is why I've reached out as I've used PnB for a long time myself. As for the lower league thing, no need to be upset, it's just banter because the other user had a go at the channel and I gave a bit back.  We do indeed speak about the Championship as well.

On 24/09/2019 at 13:47, The Real Saints said:

PLZ Soccer is Peter Martin and Alan Rough’s thing, no? It has been going for a while.

Those two killed off the real radio phone in, no thanks. 

1 hour ago, PLZ Soccer said:

@Romeo 

14 hours ago, PLZ Soccer said:

Glad you give us a month, even though we've been going for years.

9 hours ago, Dele said:

"we've been going for years" 

Yet nobody has ever heard of you. 

6 hours ago, PLZ Soccer said:

It's perfectly understandable why you personally haven't heard of us. We only cover the top flight, a competition that doesn't  affect you:)

Dundee were only relegated less than 6 months ago. 

Would you like another try, Darren? 

8 hours ago, PLZ Soccer said:

St Johnstone have been in the top flight for a decade, and I've never once heard you of you.

Please throw a jibe my way too, if you make it condescending aswell, we can all save some time upon confirmation you're nothing more than the usual OF obsessed rabble who look down on the "diddies", cheers.

8 hours ago, PLZ Soccer said:

It's perfectly understandable that people on here haven't heard of you they only listen to top rated quality football radio shows and it doesn't look like that will be affecting you any time soon.

9 hours ago, PLZ Soccer said:

Safe to say if you’re running the PR side of things it’s pretty clear why a lot of people haven’t heard from you. Did you also advise Gerald Ratner on PR strategy?

I'm sure Tam Cowan and Barry Ferguson discuss Raith Rovers great start to the season, talk about the struggles at Brechin, note the Cowdenbeath resurgence, tackle the decline at Dunfermline, cover the Scottish Cup 2nd round, delve in to the progress of Montrose and in general talk about anything other than Sevco and Celtic and occasionally some other Premiership clubs, but usually only in reference to Celtic and Sevco.

It looks a lot of shite but I’m not sure why people are bothered that they are trying to promote themselves or the boy rinsing a Dundee fan for being pish. 

Their sales pitch is “we’ve got Darren Jackson”. Literally.

9 hours ago, PLZ Soccer said:

Nobody has been assigned the task. I'd like to engage with fans at clubs and get more input and felt it best to ask real fans for it. Alot of people say the media don't do enough to cover Scottish football, we'd like to change that which is why I've reached out as I've used PnB for a long time myself. As for the lower league thing, no need to be upset, it's just banter because the other user had a go at the channel and I gave a bit back.  We do indeed speak about the Championship as well.

The radio show was an audio version of The Sun/Record phone in. The TV show was a televised version. You'll have seen the thread about A View From the Terrace, which reflects the taste of many posters on here. 

How is this show going to be different and better to its earlier formats?

To be clear about this fresh new format - is this a phone-in, where taxi drivers and 60 year old pub bores air cliched opinions from yesterday's Record, or is it a panel show where some football people air cliched opinions from yesterday's Record for the benefit of taxi drivers and 60 year old pub bores?

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Their sales pitch is “we’ve got Darren Jackson”. Literally.

True dat. Sad thing is these type of shows will still potentially pull in a large audience of, mainly, Rangers and Celtic fans that have no interest in football outwith their own. This is not the place for them to pull in punters though, as they are finding out.

Banter