Killie vs Ross County

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes. Kirk Broadfoot and Greg Kiltie do appear to be somewhat daft now, don’t they?

Kirk Broadfoot...appearing daft?

Kilmarnock have obviously improved from the start of Alessio’s spell (who knew that a foreign manager would need time to both adapt to a new culture and implement his own ideas?). County are consistently inconsistent but do appear to be creating opportunities at both ends of the pitch.

As with most away fixtures this season, I would be content with a point.

Having the 3 hard men in the middle of the park makes us ridiculously difficult to beat, but it really stifles us going forward. I'd like to see one of the 3 dropped to bring in another forward player and line up with a front 4 containing some combination of Brophy/Millar/St Clair/Thomas/Burke/Sow.

14 hours ago, Coooombe said:

Having the 3 hard men in the middle of the park makes us ridiculously difficult to beat, but it really stifles us going forward. I'd like to see one of the 3 dropped to bring in another forward player and line up with a front 4 containing some combination of Brophy/Millar/St Clair/Thomas/Burke/Sow.

I think Dom Thomas deserves a start for this game.  I get the feeling he's bursting to show his worth.

13 minutes ago, Spain said:

Have Killie really improved that much? Or have they just benefitted from playing what appears to be even more honking St. Johnstone & Hibs sides of late?

We've definitely improved.  The new additions to the defence have settled in really well and our midfield runs the fucking show.  We're just goal shy.

Have Killie really improved that much? Or have they just benefitted from playing what appears to be even more honking St. Johnstone & Hibs sides of late?
Who knows really, we've got 5 clean sheets in the last 6 and barely conceded a chance In any of them, I don't think you can just put that down to the other teams just being shit, that's a fantastic record tbh, on the other hand a solid defence will also see us create nothing as we have 0 creativity . Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this was 0-0 too.

1 hour ago, killie_lad said:

Who knows really, we've got 5 clean sheets in the last 6 and barely conceded a chance In any of them, I don't think you can just put that down to the other teams just being shit, that's a fantastic record tbh, on the other hand a solid defence will also see us create nothing as we have 0 creativity . Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this was 0-0 too.

Sounds to me like it's got Kilmarnock 0 Ross Stewart 1 written all over it.

Sounds like a game we could really have done with Draper for then. But it is what it is. Does sound like there's not going to be many goals in this at all though, so when Ross Stewart inevitably scores I will celebrate my tits off. I'm glad Killie aren't as bad as the beginning of the season suggested though, it would be much more amusing to see Hibs & Hearts relegated again.

Edited by Spain