Jims Duffers vs Dannys Dynamos

I was referring to the general discussion around Duffy, not just the comments of one person
He didn't leave the club in a better position, it was still a gang. He left a better team than he found, not massively, but still working with peanuts of a budget.  Many others wouldn't have managed that, certainly not that clown Anelka and quite a few others I can think of
That said, I've always thought Duffy was probably a better coach than a manager through his career, so of course there's justified criticisms.  But it's about context & Merlin wasn't available at the time. 
agree totally on duffy interesting that people quite happy to give duffy stick but not a mention of the running of the club at that time . We have a fantastic manager and assistant and hands up I didnt appreciate how good a manager . The club is where we are today because Innes came in and lifted it by its boot laces
cracking result yesterday a team playing some cracking stuff [emoji106]

Though we're still working off a modest budget & there's a lot of work to be done off the park to build the club in line with Danny's ambitions, we're like millionaires compared to Duffy's time who must've been working with the lowest budget in Clyde's history
I'd take DL over Duffy any day, but still thought he did a good job in the circumstances & left better than he found.  Not without faults, but he wasn't in a position to attract the kind of player we have now
Best to compare managers when there's a level playing field. 

It’s not very in-keeping to see such a fair, level-headed post from a Clyde fan in this thread. Very welcome though.

Quick question. After the second goal 10 of the Clyde players ran towards their fans in the Clyde half of the pitch to celebrate including the keeper. The only player that didn’t was Darren Smith who slowly made his way back.

I’ve seen it done before but if Smith had ran to celebrate aswell, would Dumbarton have been allowed to take a quick kick off and take a shot from the halfway line if all of the Clyde players were in their own half?

1 hour ago, COM_Shepard said:

Quick question. After the second goal 10 of the Clyde players ran towards their fans in the Clyde half of the pitch to celebrate including the keeper. The only player that didn’t was Darren Smith who slowly made his way back.

I’ve seen it done before but if Smith had ran to celebrate aswell, would Dumbarton have been allowed to take a quick kick off and take a shot from the halfway line if all of the Clyde players were in their own half?

no.england tried this at world cup. teams can have a time to celebrate.

16 minutes ago, iain p said:

When England tried it the other team weren't all back in their own half, which is the issue.

I think the answer to the original question is yes.  As long as the ref notices all players are in their own halves they can allow the kick off.

The referee must signal and will never restart the match until both teams are ready. Its not worth his hassle even tho there is a grey area in the rules. If Donald Trump was a ref he would, I struggle to think of anyone else that is stupid enough.

On 29/09/2019 at 09:57, O'Kelly Isley III said:

When you are in a hole stop digging - there were phases of the game when Clyde overran us, and if they were 'poor' yesterday then if we play like that against 'good' teams we'll be bang in trouble.

I'm as disappointed as the next Sons fan but churlishly trying to twist the evidence is embarrassing.

No hole digging going on here. I just don't think they have that much quality throughout their squad. As I have already said, more concerning than if I did think they had more quality in their squad - they had more desire on the day.

We were extremely poor and rightfully lost the match but if we had produced anywhere near the performances against Peterhead, Stranraer or Montrose we could have at least got a point from the match.

My biggest concern is that the longer we go on our poor run it seems like the good results were flukes. 

On 29/09/2019 at 10:02, RutherGlen said:

If we keep winning I don't care whether the likes of you consider us to have quality or not. Currently sitting in playoff territory with this total lack of "quality" as you put it - suits me. 

Oh, and on a side note - you guys should consider revising your turnstile system. I spent an age waiting in a  queue outside the stadium and missed the first ten minutes as a result. If you can't cope with having a big team in town maybe a lower division would be more suitable. 

I have said this for years... I don't particularly care if we are shitfesting 1-0 wins all season as long as we are winning games. It's nice to see good football and things but it is a results driven business and that's what matters imo.

On 29/09/2019 at 15:19, ScottR96 said:

Am I missing something re McCluskey? He left us to play full time football in a higher league - it was hardly high treason. 

Our fans constantly hating on former players is bizarre. 

McCluskey told me to f**k off after trying to give him encouragement when we were getting pumped out the cup by Nairn County. f**k him.  

On 30/09/2019 at 21:39, pleslie99 said:
On 30/09/2019 at 13:46, COM_Shepard said:

The referee must signal and will never restart the match until both teams are ready. Its not worth his hassle even tho there is a grey area in the rules. If Donald Trump was a ref he would, I struggle to think of anyone else that is stupid enough.

I disagree but didn't mean to dislike this, sorry.  

The laws of the game require only that all of the players are in their own half, with the exception of the kicker; all opponents are 10 yards away and the referee gives the signal. So in theory it could happen and be allowed.

Important point being the referee’s signal. Why would they want to open that can of worms? Unless the team celebrating the goal we’re taking the proverbial.

Or they had just scored against the OF.

In which case the laws of the game (amended Scottish edition) dictate that “the scoring team are penalised by the award of a penalty kick to the old firm club at a time decided by the referee, and the scoring payer receives a red card”