Jims Duffers vs Dannys Dynamos

Clyde manage a win that lifts them to 4th in the table and they are more worried about getting it up absolute cardboad cutout characters like Jim Duffy and Stefan McCluskey.

What a bunch of oddballs.
Probably because we know we're climbing the table regardless but still nice to remember the characters that kept us down for many years...

Who's talking shite? You were never scoring anywhere near 5. You were lucky to get the 2 goals today as both should have been easily prevented.
When you are in a hole stop digging - there were phases of the game when Clyde overran us, and if they were 'poor' yesterday then if we play like that against 'good' teams we'll be bang in trouble.

I'm as disappointed as the next Sons fan but churlishly trying to twist the evidence is embarrassing.

13 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

First trip to Dumbarton and really enjoyed it. Great wee stand in a cracking location.

Most points have been covered though it wasn't quite as comfortable as some suggest, and Dumbarton weren't that bad.

Two crosses at the end should have brought equalisers. The first the Sons player shinned the ball wide and for the second, it looked like the ball might have crept it before hitting Payne which allowed Mitchell to pounce on it.

I also thought Dumbarton's big centreback, McGeever?, going off helped us too.

Still lots of good performances from us and a great result away from home.

Agree with most of your post except your comment on Lamont. He would probably have been my MotM.

Not everything he tried worked but he was always postive and involved in most of our attacks. 

I've got to agree with David W. I thought Lamont was poor today. His final ball is brutal and it showed again today. Every opportunity he has for a killer through or final pass he underhits it and the opposing defender cuts it out. He did it a few times yesterday. Obviously theres more to his game than that but the amount of good chances we miss out on because of that is infuriating. 

9 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

You have a few experienced players from the lower leagues but I didn't see anyone in your team today who stood out as someone who has quality. We were poor and made it easy and even including the 2 goals you scored there wasn't much quality in your team imo.

If we keep winning I don't care whether the likes of you consider us to have quality or not. Currently sitting in playoff territory with this total lack of "quality" as you put it - suits me. 

Oh, and on a side note - you guys should consider revising your turnstile system. I spent an age waiting in a  queue outside the stadium and missed the first ten minutes as a result. If you can't cope with having a big team in town maybe a lower division would be more suitable. 

Edited by RutherGlen

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Well you boys are certainly experts in that department so we'll take your word for it.

Can't argue with that! Wouldn't wish League 2 on anyone (bar the Jags) to be fair and I suspect you guys will have a reasonable season and probably finish mid table. If we can keep most of our lot injury free and Rankin returns soon I see no reason why we can't have a good crack at finishing in the top 4.

16 minutes ago, hoosierclyde said:

Credit to Duffy for stabilising us after years of free-fall under Broon/Miller. When he came to us we were rock bottom, and he left us in a playoff position.

Have to agree, I'm not sure why so many are wanting to slag Duffy off.

Yes we won a watch when we got DL and AM and I can't remember feeling this good about a Clyde team for many a long year, however Duffy did manage to get us to a play-off , and he was miles ahead of wasters such as Hendry, Bomber, Breenger, Chapman etc.

Have to agree, I'm not sure why so many are wanting to slag Duffy off.
Yes we won a watch when we got DL and AM and I can't remember feeling this good about a Clyde team for many a long year, however Duffy did manage to get us to a play-off , and he was miles ahead of wasters such as Hendry, Bomber, Breenger, Chapman etc.
as I said duffy is a good manager , very pragmatic he did get us to play offs
he was in the middle of our wonderful austerity plan and lets not forget the name change stuff , if anyone wants to apportion blame it certainly shouldnt be put at duffy's
door and remember who brought Danny lennon to clyde , Norrie Innes

Hope McLuskey enjoyed that today, an absolute shite bag of a player who only managed to look semi-decent in a shitey Clyde team littered with shite like Scullion, Gray and Sweeney managed by a dinosaur like Duffy... A team that fucking hated the fans I may add but to be fair, we weren't too endeared to them either. 
The togetherness of this team is unbelievable lead by a fucking genius in the dugout and his equally genius sidekick. The will and desire from these players is absolutely outstanding and their love for the fans is just class. The scenes and celebrations at the 2nd were just brilliant! 
Fucking love this Clyde team [emoji7]
That Clyde team that made the play offs had David Marsh "one of our own",Pat "sausage supper" Scullion with his own YouTube video of Clyde goals and John Sweeney with Clyde fans cutting about in Sweeney masks. I really don't get the revisionism that takes place when it comes to ex-Clyde teams. Duffy managed to get the best out of a bunch of jobbers at Clyde and was much better than Millar or Ferguson but obviously not in the same league as Lennon.

Sorry I'm not buying into this Duffy love in. Not when he fielded players like John Kane, Kieren McGachie, all the Fitzharris, fitzpatricks, fitzharris's of this world. 

Duffy was also very instrumental in getting the Dundee 10 banned from Broadwood. 

His teams were brutal to watch, the lack of effort from some of them was painful to see, getting pumped 3-0 of the Shire in a game that could've been worse. 

Also the letting players miss games for holidays, honeymoons and to do VIP at a mates premiership game in England! The lack of professionalism at Broadwood was chronic however that started from top and worked its way down to the bottom. 

The year we made the play offs we were stinking as well and it's worth remember that the league that season was brutal as well. 

I don't really hold anything against Duffy, he done us a service but certainly isn't up there with any of the better Clyde managers of past and present. 

As for McLuskey, his attitude was pish with us and the missing a game for a Premier league VIP day is unforgivable in my opinion. He was a shitebag and didn't play for the badge, someone out current team certainly are not. 

Though we're still working off a modest budget & there's a lot of work to be done off the park to build the club in line with Danny's ambitions, we're like millionaires compared to Duffy's time who must've been working with the lowest budget in Clyde's history

I'd take DL over Duffy any day, but still thought he did a good job in the circumstances & left better than he found.  Not without faults, but he wasn't in a position to attract the kind of player we have now

Best to compare managers when there's a level playing field. 

5 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Though we're still working off a modest budget & there's a lot of work to be done off the park to build the club in line with Danny's ambitions, we're like millionaires compared to Duffy's time who must've been working with the lowest budget in Clyde's history

I'd take DL over Duffy any day, but still thought he did a good job in the circumstances & left better than he found.  Not without faults, but he wasn't in a position to attract the kind of player we have now

Best to compare managers when there's a level playing field. 

Not once have I compared Duffy to Danny. I've said it when Duffy was manager and I'm happy to say it now, he wasnt great. And leaving the club in a better state then he found it? That wouldn't have been hard, even Claud Anelka wouldve managed that. 

Like I said, nothing against Duffy personally but his tenure at Clyde was not great, 5/10 if yer lucky. 

25 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Not once have I compared Duffy to Danny. I've said it when Duffy was manager and I'm happy to say it now, he wasnt great. And leaving the club in a better state then he found it? That wouldn't have been hard, even Claud Anelka wouldve managed that. 

Like I said, nothing against Duffy personally but his tenure at Clyde was not great, 5/10 if yer lucky. 

I was referring to the general discussion around Duffy, not just the comments of one person

He didn't leave the club in a better position, it was still a gang. He left a better team than he found, not massively, but still working with peanuts of a budget.  Many others wouldn't have managed that, certainly not that clown Anelka and quite a few others I can think of

That said, I've always thought Duffy was probably a better coach than a manager through his career, so of course there's justified criticisms.  But it's about context & Merlin wasn't available at the time.