Jims Duffers vs Dannys Dynamos

40 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Worst performance over the unbeaten period? Are you serious?

In a game we dominated for 80% at least and should've won by more than what we did. Turn it in.

That was 2-1 going on 5-1 today. 

Falkirk

Forfar

Queens

Stranraer

Peterhead

We may well have deserved to win but today was a poorer performance than any of those. 

4 hours ago, David W said:

FIrst quarter of the game we were in total control, allowed to pass it without challenge from one end of the pitch to the opposite penalty box. I find it absolutely staggering that there are teams at this level who still haven't worked out that we are a much poorer team when Grant is taken out of the team. That said, Mitchell made an excellent save with Dumbarton having the best chance in that period.

Credit to Duffy perhaps for changing it, going to more of a 442 and pressing higher up the pitch. Without Goodwillie we struggled to get out, and that's maybe why Smith was moved centrally, and Love put out wide but that had the knock on effect of the Dumbarton right back started to get forward. Crossan, who threatened throughout, did well for the goal. No idea how it went in though; a tight angle should have taken a spectacular finish to beat Mitchell.

The second half was absolute garbage until we brought Petkov on, putting McStay on the right and returning Smith up front again. Love's ankle needs a wee while out the team unfortunately. It was a similar time that Carswell dropped out of Dumbarton's midfield. From then on, we were first to everything in the centre of the pitch. Good finish from McStay after a set piece cleared to the edge of the box, Johnston being set up by Howie to score the second. Apart from a couple of crosses, Dumbarton didn't look like coming back into it and both Smith and Lamont should have added a third.

GIving the rest of the division a three game head start should have made this season a challenge, but there we are, sitting in fourth. Today was probably the worst performance over the unbeaten period but we had too much quality for Dumbarton in the end. That's twice in the last year and a half that Rumsby has back-pocketed Layne; that's exactly his sort of battle. If Smith had scored, it would have been an outstanding performance rather than just an excellent one. Petkov changed the game in our favour. Lamont was awful, Johnston very quiet apart from his goal but for boys like him and Mitchell to achieve their lifelong ambition of playing for Clyde is brilliant to see. Managerial work excellent as usual. 

Roll on next week.

That's pretty much the opposite of what I'd have said. Today was 2 poor teams (we were by far poorer in the 2nd half). My highest concern was that Clyde didn't have any quality in their squad they just wanted to win the game more. That is so disappointing.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

That's pretty much the opposite of what I'd have said. Today was 2 poor teams (we were by far poorer in the 2nd half). My highest concern was that Clyde didn't have any quality in their squad they just wanted to win the game more. That is so disappointing.

Complete and utter nonsense. We were by no means at our best today and yes, our fight and will to win was far superior to that of Dumbarton. To say we have no quality in our squad, however, is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. We created numerous chances and had Goodwillie not been wrongfully suspended I have no doubt we'd have won by at least another couple of goals. You got off lightly. 

13 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Dont talk shite. We were far better than you even without our best player. It was 2-1 going on 5-1.

Think some people are being a bit harsh on the Sons here. I tipped them to go down, they got shagged rotten by Falkirk and without watching them, their confidence must've been totally fucked. They've somehow managed to turn a big corner and have been picking up some. Great results of late, I'd have taken a point before the game so I'm even more overjoyed that we took all 3.

Dumbarton are a decent side so I think they'll be fine in the end. I think Montrose and Stranraer and maybe Peterhead will be the ones hanging onto the bottom. 

9 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Complete and utter nonsense. We were by no means at our best today and yes, our fight and will to win was far superior to that of Dumbarton. To say we have no quality in our squad, however, is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. We created numerous chances and had Goodwillie not been wrongfully suspended I have no doubt we'd have won by at least another couple of goals. You got off lightly. 

You have a few experienced players from the lower leagues but I didn't see anyone in your team today who stood out as someone who has quality. We were poor and made it easy and even including the 2 goals you scored there wasn't much quality in your team imo.

Clyde win with Goody scoring 5 - “Clyde are a one man team”

Clyde pick up 4 points in two weeks after playing most of one match with 10 men, and the other without our “one man team” - “Clyde have no quality”

Tune in next week for “Clyde pass the ball too much, should shell it long instead and hope for scraps”

Let’s be totally honest here, Clyde were better than us all over the park yesterday (maybe with the exception of Tumilty who I would have over Cuddihy given how easily Crossan breezed beyond him for the goal, and the quality of the balls Tumilty was putting in). If Goodwilllie had been given some of the opportunities we gave Smith we’d genuinely have been absolutely (and deservedly) battered.

That’s not to say they had to be world-beaters to be better than us because our performance was absolutely rotten, but they more than deserved the win. Duffy was rightfully furious about it post-match and didn’t emerge from the dressing room until near enough 20 past 5.

After we looked to be getting on track we’ve now had a defeat to Airdrie, a good point against East Fife given we were second best for the most part, and a defeat against Clyde. Our home form is seriously below par at the moment and I’m expecting a big response next week.

Duffy was rightfully furious about it post-match and didn’t emerge from the dressing room until near enough 20 past 5.

That's good to hear. Up until now I've always found him to come across as not being that arsed after a poor performance. He's hopefully delivered a few boots to arses.

To counteract all the Clyde fans slating Duffy... since January we have only lost to part-time opposition twice. I can't be bothered working out all the stats but our league form in 2019 in particular has been excellent. The plucky Cumbernauld minnows are quite rightly delighted with such a convincing win against us.