Jims Duffers vs Dannys Dynamos

First trip to Dumbarton and really enjoyed it. Great wee stand in a cracking location.

Most points have been covered though it wasn't quite as comfortable as some suggest, and Dumbarton weren't that bad.

Two crosses at the end should have brought equalisers. The first the Sons player shinned the ball wide and for the second, it looked like the ball might have crept it before hitting Payne which allowed Mitchell to pounce on it.

I also thought Dumbarton's big centreback, McGeever?, going off helped us too.

Still lots of good performances from us and a great result away from home.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Petkov changed the game in our favour. Lamont was awful, Johnston very quiet apart from his goal...

Agree with most of your post except your comment on Lamont. He would probably have been my MotM.

Not everything he tried worked but he was always postive and involved in most of our attacks. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

11 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

If we are a one man team then that man is Raymond Grant emoji7.png

Of course we aren’t though, as there are a whole bunch of those lads who are (nearly) as enjoyable to watch as the Scottish Pirlo.

I've never liked the "Scottish Pirlo" nickname. 

I mean if he was a little bit better then fine, but theres no way Pirlo reached Raymond Grant levels 😂

Felt Clyde wanted it more today and we didn't learn losing a second from a similar scenario. We will definitely put in better performances than today this season.

BTW.. Credit to the Clyde supporters for the volume today, both in audio and numbers.
cracking away support thats down to the comnection the players have with the fans johnston ran the length of the park to celebrate with us and the goalie joined in [emoji23]
I thought dumbarton werent as bad as some of their fans have made out the 24 was a cracking player the central defender who went off was also good , we are a team full of energy with a fantastic team spirit and a support who love everyone of them

ps we have a very special manager

2 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Hope McLuskey enjoyed that today, an absolute shite bag of a player who only managed to look semi-decent in a shitey Clyde team littered with shite like Scullion, Gray and Sweeney managed by a dinosaur like Duffy... A team that fucking hated the fans I may add but to be fair, we weren't too endeared to them either. 

The togetherness of this team is unbelievable lead by a fucking genius in the dugout and his equally genius sidekick. The will and desire from these players is absolutely outstanding and their love for the fans is just class. The scenes and celebrations at the 2nd were just brilliant! 

Fucking love this Clyde team 😍

Surprised McCluskey was playing as Sunderland were at home.

Just now, haufdaft said:

Surprised McCluskey was playing as Sunderland were at home.

I made a similar comment today but his pal plays elsewhere, no idea where as he's fucking shite and couldn't care 😂

Aye Duffy was one for letting players take holidays during the season man, brutal like... I was telling my 12 year old son after the game that I'm glad he wasn't 12 years old during the Duffy years as he'd have went right off fitbaw, the wee man was buzzing yet again after a Clyde game 😁

Unless I've missed it I can't believe there's been no mention of the Dumbarton boys clearance in the 2nd half that landed right inside a bin [emoji38]
and got a huge cheer in the away end [emoji23]
the dumbarton player was so far away I dont think he has any idea what happened

I made a similar comment today but his pal plays elsewhere, no idea where as he's fucking shite and couldn't care [emoji23]
Aye Duffy was one for letting players take holidays during the season man, brutal like... I was telling my 12 year old son after the game that I'm glad he wasn't 12 years old during the Duffy years as he'd have went right off fitbaw, the wee man was buzzing yet again after a Clyde game [emoji16]
to be fair to duffy he was at the club at probably one of the lowest points in our history an austerity drive that the tories would consider harsh ,a board intent on changing the clubs name and dividing the support

spoke to him today real football man and a right decent guy

3 hours ago, David W said:

FIrst quarter of the game we were in total control, allowed to pass it without challenge from one end of the pitch to the opposite penalty box. I find it absolutely staggering that there are teams at this level who still haven't worked out that we are a much poorer team when Grant is taken out of the team. That said, Mitchell made an excellent save with Dumbarton having the best chance in that period.

Credit to Duffy perhaps for changing it, going to more of a 442 and pressing higher up the pitch. Without Goodwillie we struggled to get out, and that's maybe why Smith was moved centrally, and Love put out wide but that had the knock on effect of the Dumbarton right back started to get forward. Crossan, who threatened throughout, did well for the goal. No idea how it went in though; a tight angle should have taken a spectacular finish to beat Mitchell.

The second half was absolute garbage until we brought Petkov on, putting McStay on the right and returning Smith up front again. Love's ankle needs a wee while out the team unfortunately. It was a similar time that Carswell dropped out of Dumbarton's midfield. From then on, we were first to everything in the centre of the pitch. Good finish from McStay after a set piece cleared to the edge of the box, Johnston being set up by Howie to score the second. Apart from a couple of crosses, Dumbarton didn't look like coming back into it and both Smith and Lamont should have added a third.

GIving the rest of the division a three game head start should have made this season a challenge, but there we are, sitting in fourth. Today was probably the worst performance over the unbeaten period but we had too much quality for Dumbarton in the end. That's twice in the last year and a half that Rumsby has back-pocketed Layne; that's exactly his sort of battle. If Smith had scored, it would have been an outstanding performance rather than just an excellent one. Petkov changed the game in our favour. Lamont was awful, Johnston very quiet apart from his goal but for boys like him and Mitchell to achieve their lifelong ambition of playing for Clyde is brilliant to see. Managerial work excellent as usual. 

Roll on next week.

Worst performance over the unbeaten period? Are you serious?

In a game we dominated for 80% at least and should've won by more than what we did. Turn it in.

That was 2-1 going on 5-1 today. 

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

18 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Can someone please tell me who this is running in front of cuddihy. 

AC6F9032-DBDF-47A9-A40F-EF8096EF7B85.png

Craig Howie. Feel it’s now an appropriate to mention that I used to work alongside the Scottish Maldini (since we’re likening our players to some Italian diddies) and he’s a VERY nice chap indeed. Delighted for him and I know he’s loving being involved.