Sign in to follow this  
D'Jaffo

Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

1 minute ago, AuAl said:
2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Close 

Livi player?

Believe sort of ! It’s only rumour from a source out with Ayr United , quite reliable, but nothing before January 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

*** Rab?

Definitely not , update due in  6 weeks , until then guess away , only reveal when definite news 

If it’s a Livi midfielder then I’d say Craig Sibbald. Kerr will know him well from Falkirk and he’s not been playing much recently.

I can imagine Lee Miller might find his way to Somerset Park in January, especially if we allow a striker or two to leave...

3 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I can imagine Lee Miller might find his way to Somerset Park in January, especially if we allow a striker or two to leave...

Would he replace Ross Docherty as most handsome player in the squad? Quite possibly. 

31 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is it wee Rab? 

29 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Close 

Big Rab ???

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The last few years, reallh? Not before 4 weeks ago did I see Mark Kerr as being part of a coaching set up right now, let alone being a manager. 

Yeah if you listen to his interview on Ayr United media!

Does anyone know where the team do most of their training?

Wondering if the new boss will change anything much from the previous regime? Location, Start / finish times, gym sessions as a team, post match routines.

In last night's Radio Scotland show, he spoke about not changing much on the field of play, certainly in our attempts to get the ball down and go forward, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have his own ideas about training and our approach to things during the week.

For example I have it on good authority that under McCall our time spent during the week on attacking and defending set pieces was minimal to non existent.

That truly astounds me in this day and age. For a full time team that just shouldn't happen.

Had to laugh as McCall statedwords to the effect that the Thistle players have never worked as hard in training.

14 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know where the team do most of their training?

Wondering if the new boss will change anything much from the previous regime? Location, Start / finish times, gym sessions as a team, post match routines.

In last night's Radio Scotland show, he spoke about not changing much on the field of play, certainly in our attempts to get the ball down and go forward, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have his own ideas about training and our approach to things during the week.

For example I have it on good authority that under McCall our time spent during the week on attacking and defending set pieces was minimal to non existent.

That truly astounds me in this day and age. For a full time team that just shouldn't happen.

Had to laugh as McCall statedwords to the effect that the Thistle players have never worked as hard in training.

No changes to training days , venues or times , all training takes place in Ayr 

Michael McCardle is new assistant manager according to someone on the SRE. Head of St Mirren academy or something

Michael McCardle is new assistant manager according to someone on the SRE. Head of St Mirren academy or something

He was apparently an academy coach at Falkirk under Houston so Kerr will know him from there.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

He is definitely not the cheap option , just check out his experience on Wikipedia, taking a step back to further his career coming from a fantastic job at a premiership club  , it’s like getting 3 people in one with what he is capable of contributing to the club , a great asset 

Still hoping we can get Peter Houston in and that would leave me feeling a lot more happier with the backroom team. 

Reading this weeks Ayr Advertiser wondering where the hell they get their information. It said Eddie Annand, James Grady and Brian McClair were in the frame. All very left field, especially McClair! 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Interesting appointment and can't say I am disappointed as he knows the club well enough.
Much prefer an appointment like this to giving the job to a failure from another club.