Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d have taken McIntyre, Young and Canning over Kerr

Then you shouldn't really be allowed an opinion.

Two proven, guaranteed, failures and you'd rather them than give someone who could go either way a chance.

I genuinely think its remarkably similar to us. We were in a low point (finished just outside relegation from First Division), new manager came in, rebuilt the club and put in foundations but wasnt able to get over the final hurdle of promotion. He got poached. We then hired midfield captain in his first role.

Found our club forum thread when Coyle was announced as going, and theres plenty of chat about McInnes being the "cheap, easy option".

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Loved David Castilia as player but does he realise how much of a prat he's coming over in the SRE page.

Castilla's gonna Castilla

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah all pally pally between the 3 of them.

Said he’s speaking to Sandy Stewart tomorrow though so he might stay.

Back room team will start taking shape tomorrow, players and back room staff on day off today , I would hope he keeps Stewart but not sure if he would keep Brannigan as he was brought in to support Stewart , I believe he will want his own man in 

I'm onside, he has talked about retaining our players on longer term contracts, a lot of us have been bemoaning this for years! I hope the board have listened to this as it is crucial for us to be a success by signing up players for 2/3 seasons and then selling them on.

Another plus of this appointment is that it frees up a wage by appointing within we can bring in another player which means if Doolan goes to Thistle we can expect to get two decent players in. 

I also think this could be glorious! The comparisons to Roberts are a bad one, shiny teeth was an egomaniac I don't get that impression from Kerr.

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Back room team will start taking shape tomorrow, players and back room staff on day off today , I would hope he keeps Stewart but not sure if he would keep Brannigan as he was brought in to support Stewart , I believe he will want his own man in 

Has to be Peter Houston IMO

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm onside, he has talked about retaining our players on longer term contracts, a lot of us have been bemoaning this for years! I hope the board have listened to this as it is crucial for us to be a success by signing up players for 2/3 seasons and then selling them on.

Another plus of this appointment is that it frees up a wage by appointing within we can bring in another player which means if Doolan goes to Thistle we can expect to get two decent players in. 

I also think this could be glorious! The comparisons to Roberts are a bad one, shiny teeth was an egomaniac I don't get that impression from Kerr.

McCall also spoke about wanting to retain players but unless the board back him then it’s just words. 

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Whats the deal with Kerr continuing to play?

Cant think of too many recent examples of player managers being good in both roles. Given your smallish squad, how big a loss would Kerr be as a player?

Hes playing until January and then his first order of business will be to replace himself!

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Cant think of too many recent examples of player managers being good in both roles. Given your smallish squad, how big a loss would Kerr be as a player?

Just until the windaes are open. 

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

He dictates games and we tend to play a lot better with him in midfield. but he is getting on a bit and his injury seems to be a niggley one now.  

This only works when players have a good season and are wanted by other clubs.

Longer contacts can tie is into players who are underperforming or regularly injured. It works both ways.

In general though, I agree. When you know a player is going to be a talent then a longer contract would help us.