Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Canning and Sheerin hopefully.

Canning watched the last game, Pretty sure he'd apply. I'd guess Houston is one, I'm sure he said after he left Falkirk that he'd retired as as a manager. 

The other one....Young maybe because he is in a job currently. 

If Sandy Stewart was the man Cameron wanted would we of bothered with an interview process? 

Might be a silly question but will Cameron really know Sandy Stewart? He’s rarely over and only seemed to have contact with McCall.

Maybe he wanted to him to apply to get the feel for what his plans were to take Ayr forward?

I’m not sure but I don’t get the feeling that Stewart is that bothered about taking the managers job so I hope he stays if we appoint someone else.

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If Sandy Stewart was the man Cameron wanted would we of bothered with an interview process? 

I am not sure if Sandy really wants it , I do know he is the players choice , but as someone said above , I don’t think Lachlan has had much involvement with him in his time as first team coach 

Just listened to sportsound from last night with Adams and Hughes as guests.

Good news is Derek Adams has ruled himself out.

John Hughes says he enquired about it weeks ago and was told Stewart was getting the job but he’s now been put off by ‘mixed messages’ in that we are interviewing for the role. Sounds like he wanted a red carpet rolled out.

Good news all round.

John Hughes says he enquired about it weeks ago and was told Stewart was getting the job but he’s now been put off by ‘mixed messages’ in that we are interviewing for the role. Sounds like he wanted a red carpet rolled out.

Good news all round.

Thank Christ! Yogi as manager gave me the fear!

52 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Good news all round.

Tbf that does make sense with what we have heard so far. Hughes has probably also been to enough interviews to know that you don’t waste time if it ain’t an open race. Glad It won’t be him anyway