Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

57 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I don’t think we’ll be going up this season. A tilt at the playoffs would be nice though. However that all depends if he can get a decent first eleven together out of the ‘ terrible squad’. 

Weve got plenty cash in the bank. Uncertainty over future ownership but that doesn’t mean we will be any worse off.

iI can’t work out if this means the takeover is going ahead or has fallen through. McCall would surely have asked for some confirmation on that score?

This all sounds very familar to Falkirk fans last season when McKinnon took over, look where they are now, no certainty McCall will even keep Thistle in the league IMO, would be peak banter if he didn't.

If Owen Coyle got the job it would be the only time I've seen him and hes not fucking scored against us. 

Hughes was weird at Raith but he was always going to be there for a few months anyway, Won the Scottish cup. Owen Coyle got St Johnstone promoted. Both have had sticky spells recently. 

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This all sounds very familar to Falkirk fans last season when McKinnon took over, look where they are now, no certainty McCall will even keep Thistle in the league IMO, would be peak banter if he didn't.

Feels nothing like the Falkirk situation.

Falkirk fans were delusional about the quality of their team from the start last year, and then acted like arseholes after they took McKinnon from Morton.

We’re far more realistic about the plight of our team right now (which imo is still better than that rabble Falkirk had assembled last summer) and know that a lot of work needs to be done. There also don’t appear to be (m)any Jags fans gloating about it. At least not on here.

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'd take Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart, Coyle is proven down south and i believe his Ross County spell was a blip as he entered a shambles.

Other possibilty for me would be to give it to Stewart on a permanant for this season, see how it went, we could do a lot worse, plus what is John Henry doing these days, Stewart and Henry could be a good combo.

Complete fairytale would be Jack Ross who is seemingly about to get sacked at Sunderland and tbh probably will need to come back to Scotland to resurrect his career.

John Hughes been mentioned a lot but has built a reputation with falling out with players and his last spell at this level with Raith Rovers was a disaster.

Also Terry Buthcer?

He's been routinely hopeless at every club he's been at since he left Burnley.

If Owen Coyle got the job it would be the only time I've seen him and hes not fucking scored against us. 
Hughes was weird at Raith but he was always going to be there for a few months anyway, Won the Scottish cup. Owen Coyle got St Johnstone promoted. Both have had sticky spells recently. 

If you appoint John Hughes he will get you relegated. Great coach but as soon as he starts to sign his own players you will sink like a stone.

I’d be happy with Coyle and Stewart or Jack Ross if he magically becomes available.

Any of the other names gives me the fear.

I’d prefer whoever it is to have some experience of bringing through young players and working on a very small budget.

Let's put one thing straight i certainly can't see us going out and actually paying for a manager currently at a club, even if we did i don't know who i'd take.

Why not? The compensation for PT taking Ian McCall should be at least £100k. Dick Campbell would be a solid appointment whilst passing on a managerial headache.