Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

7 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Ayr’s last top flight game was on April 29th 1978. 15138 days have passed since then. Lady Di was still single and Thatcher had not yet hatched as prime minister. The teleprinter was still typing out results on black and white TV’s. 

Your stats interested me until you mentioned Thatcher!

An unfortunate consequence of having a couple of sizeable 'well-to-do' areas as well as a disgustingly large population of H**s.
No good ever comes from having a large population of ****.

I'd keep the rich old fuckers though, they can be handy for a town.

Canning would be a nightmare who would likely get us relegated and probably involved in a few fights with his family, if his tenure at Hamilton was anything to go by.

As for Ross, I'm over in Spain and not been following things but I take it he's been bagged ? If so, it's not before time, they have been playing terribly under him with horrendous negative football and grinding out 0-0 and 1-1 draws against the utter dross of the division.

There's not really many jumping out as "excellent candidates", however on the plus side I can remember the same negative discussions about McCall from some quarters when he got the job.

It's over to you Lachlan...

5 hours ago, the west curve said:

Ayr usually back the Tories.

You again. FFS, stop coming on here and talking shite. We know you're on the wind-up and it's fucking boring. Get a life, you dick/fanny 

I'd take Canning over McIntyre but I've got the absolute fear at the thought of either.

The more I think about it the more I’d have McIntyre over Canning. He did well at Dunfermline but his trophy win at Ross County was in part down to having McGregors cash available. Dundee was an absolute disaster as well. He’s absolutely not ideal but I’d live with it.

However Canning just seems an incredibly uninspiring and totally bland appointment. He doesn’t even make me feel either way tbh.

40 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

I genuinely don't understand why Canning wouldn't be favourably looked at. Mcintyre is an absolute imposter, but Canning done great things on the options he had. I'd certainly swap McPake for Canning. 

:lol: Canning lost over 50% of his games as manager of Hamilton, including a fistful of cup games to teams in the bottom two divisions. He averaged around 1 goal a game scored, and over 2 goals a game conceded.

Hamilton twice avoided relegation despite getting under 35 points, and only won more than 10 games in a season in one of his 3 seasons in charge. In his final half season they won 4 games in 6 months.

Hes a fucking abysmal manager who, literally, only survived so long due to the absolute dross he shared the league with. Hire him and prepare to watch a shapeless side sitting with 10 men camped around your box until you concede, at which point your team will just explode all over the park leaving massive gaps all over the place. You might slog out a 1-0 win every month or so though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

the well to do’s in our town

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'd keep the rich old fuckers though, they can be handy for a town.

11 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

sizeable 'well-to-do' areas

Are you sure you're talking about Ayrshire?

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: Canning lost over 50% of his games as manager of Hamilton, including a fistful of cup games to teams in the bottom two divisions. He averaged around 1 goal a game scored, and over 2 goals a game conceded.

Hamilton twice avoided relegation despite getting under 35 points, and only won more than 10 games in a season in one of his 3 seasons in charge. In his final half season they won 4 games in 6 months.

Hes a fucking abysmal manager who, literally, only survived so long due to the absolute dross he shared the league with. Hire him and prepare to watch a shapeless side sitting with 10 men camped around your box until you concede, at which point your team will just explode all over the park leaving massive gaps all over the place. You might slog out a 1-0 win every month or so though.

Fair enough, but there was obviously worse. Generally you're best listening to the fans of the team's, but his record seems pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Fair enough, but there was obviously worse. Generally you're best listening to the fans of the team's, but his record seems pretty good. 

His record isnt good, which is my point. I'm sure he had two seasons where they avoided relegation with 9 wins all season, one on 33pts and one on 35pts.

That's awful. Being slightly better than fucking horrendous doesnt make you good.