Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

Yeah but Jordan hart...jesus christ. Even McCall said if we had a capable goalie, we would've won the league by 20 points. 

I get that but a young guy who’s low on confidence wont be helped by folk hurling abuse at him.

In fairness though the fans did give him a good reception away at Airdrie but that was only because we had Ruddy.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I get that but a young guy who’s low on confidence wont be helped by folk hurling abuse at him.

In fairness though the fans did give him a good reception away at Airdrie but that was only because we had Ruddy.

Yeah good point I guess. I think it was up at Raith when it all started and unfortunately never really recovered that well.

6 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

There is always one, last year was Robbie Crawford, Jordan Hart before that. 
I've been stood in the SRE and watched Stevo miss hit a long range pass, followed by someone going mental at Chris Aitken because of it. 

Yeah, I've never seen anyone get it as bad as Aitken. As you say, even when it wasnt him he would routinely get the blame. Mindboggling. 

As for Crawford, I think he stayed at Ayr a season too long to be honest.

I don't remember Jordan Hart getting it too bad. I actually remember him getting good support once we'd got shot of Ruddy. That goal we conceded against Alloa still gives me nightmares. 

Edited by Trogdor

14 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah but Jordan hart...jesus christ. Even McCall said if we had a capable goalie, we would've won the league by 20 points. 

Some of the abuse he took went way beyond the line, he was apparently sent threats over Twitter/Facebook. He really wasn't that bad just a limited league 1 keeper trying his best. If Hare-Reid wasn't on the scene I he'd be a decent backup option. That charlatan who came after him however..........

Some of the abuse he took went way beyond the line, he was apparently sent threats over Twitter/Facebook. He really wasn't that bad just a limited league 1 keeper trying his best. If Hare-Reid wasn't on the scene I he'd be a decent backup option. That charlatan who came after him however..........

Sorry but Hart was every bit as bad as Ruddy.

On 01/10/2019 at 17:09, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe the manager could have thought more about that at the time. I can’t remember seeing a player make as many high profile mistakes as Hart and then continue to be selected each week. Some of his errors I also haven’t  seen regularly since primary school football. Fans are critical at the best of times never mind when game changing mistakes were happening on a near weekly basis 

Maybe the manager could have thought more about that at the time. I can’t remember seeing a player make as many high profile mistakes as Hart and then continue to be selected each week. Some of his errors I also haven’t  seen regularly since primary school football. Fans are critical at the best of times never mind when game changing mistakes were happening on a near weekly basis 

What was the alternative?

Play another young goalie who’s not as good and let him make mistakes?

I’m sure if we had a bigger budget we’d have signed a goalie over the summer but McCall saw a way to save money by playing Hart.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What was the alternative?

Play another young goalie who’s not as good and let him make mistakes?

I’m sure if we had a bigger budget we’d have signed a goalie over the summer but McCall saw a way to save money by playing Hart.

There was a point when Hart’s confidence was so shot that any other goalie couldn’t have done much worse. A week or two out of the spotlight might just have helped at times. To be fair to Hart he came back stronger after his spell on the bench and finished the season fairly well