Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

The last three games seem to have been a different level from any of the performances of the last few years, we just haven't won games, we have outplayed teams and done it with flair. 

This season we have a better balance, with McDaid you had no-one to play wide on the other side, you had 4 central midfielders which resulted in one being pushed out wide or Forest playing as a wide player. The players we have, with the exception of Geggan are all playing where they should. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The last three games seem to have been a different level from any of the performances of the last few years, we just haven't won games, we have outplayed teams and done it with flair. 

This season we have a better balance, with McDaid you had no-one to play wide on the other side, you had 4 central midfielders which resulted in one being pushed out wide or Forest playing as a wide player. The players we have, with the exception of Geggan are all playing where they should. 

Forrest also seems to be finally fulfilling the promise we all knew he had but didn't always show often enough, McCowan has been a revelation since he's come in, Moffat continues to prove how good a footballer he is and there's no doubt that Kelly has surpassed all expectations by fitting straight in and looking absolute class, especially for one so young and inexperienced.

Over and above that, Harvie has come on leaps and bounds and seems to be improving with each game (and he was already pretty good), Doc has come back injury free and is confirming that he's also a class act at this level and then we've got a mastermind in beside him in Kerr pulling the strings.

Add to that the steel and workrate of Geggan and Muirhead, young Roscoe looking solid and commanding in the air and a top class keeper behind them in Doohan.

It's all just coming right (apart from the Murdoch injury of course).

When you think we've still got Bell, Adams, Moore, McGuffie & Ross to come back in and Doolan and the young boy from Rangers warming the bench it just seems a great time to be an Ayr fan.

Of course, disaster is generally never far away, so let's just enjoy it while we can................

I'll hazard a guess that Ayr fans who are understandably pissed off that McCall has left for Thistle and that Doolan, who has a very strong Thistle connection, recently said some nice things about his former club and isn't playing well makes for a perfect channel for supporters to direct their frustration at the loss of their manager.

I'll hazard a guess that Ayr fans who are understandably pissed off that McCall has left for Thistle and that Doolan, who has a very strong Thistle connection, recently said some nice things about his former club and isn't playing well makes for a perfect channel for supporters to direct their frustration at the loss of their manager.

I think some fans will also just presume that Doolan is inevitably going back to Firhill in January and doesn’t really care what happens between then.

I think this is nonsense btw. He’s always struck me as a good pro who wouldn’t deliberately sabotage things by not giving a f**k.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

People who are putting Doolan in the same bracket as El Alagui are clueless. Don't even know why Doolan is getting criticism, guy has hardly played in the league this season so far.

If you cared to read my post I said his contribution thus far was on a par with El Alagui. Don't really see how you can argue otherwise tbh and I'm clueless? Go figure.

If you cared to read my post I said his contribution thus far was on a par with El Alagui. Don't really see how you can argue otherwise tbh and I'm clueless? Go figure.
I wasn't talking about you directly, there's plenty of rockets in the SRE who are saying he should gtf.

Just now, rb123! said:

I wasn't talking about you directly, there's plenty of rockets in the SRE who are saying he should gtf.

No worries, my frustration is his lack of goals or even looking likely to score. He still looks half a yard off the pace.

I could forgive that initially but hes had a full pre season/league cup and he has had numerous cameos. At this point If he matches his league return of 6 goals from last season I'll be impressed.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The pitches elsewhere weren't actually the problem last season

....I think we should be thankful for not having to play 'balloon' football in Arbroath for once. Been there when the corner flags have been almost horizontal at times.

I’d say some of what Walter says is probably true. You couple that in with him being the main summer signing, more than likely one or the higher earners and being Shankland “replacement” and hasn’t hit the floor running culminates in him being the scapegoat. Rightly or wrongly. I believe if he wants to go in January he’ll be let go.

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The constant need of some of our support to have a punching bag to abuse (in this case despite playing about 30 mins in the league all season) is utterly pathetic. 

There is always one, last year was Robbie Crawford, Jordan Hart before that. 
I've been stood in the SRE and watched Stevo miss hit a long range pass, followed by someone going mental at Chris Aitken because of it. 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I've been stood in the SRE and watched Stevo miss hit a long range pass, followed by someone going mental at Chris Aitken because of it. 

Force of habit I suspect.

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Yeah but Jordan hart...jesus christ. Even McCall said if we had a capable goalie, we would've won the league by 20 points. 

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The constant need of some of our support to have a punching bag to abuse (in this case despite playing about 30 mins in the league all season) is utterly pathetic. 

TBH, I think every team is the same from Ayr, Dundee, Chelsea etc; even Real Madris players gave Ronaldo abuse!