Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

Just now, fb4 said:

Having dismantled Kelty on Friday remember the big fish in the ll would going to that league be any more of a test for auchinleck 

That's my exact point. They are comfortably good enough for the lowland league and it gives them a chance to try and get into the senior leagues. 

54 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

By all accounts Jack Ross will be looking for a new gig next week should Sunderland falter this week...

Even if he was sacked beforehand Sunderland would probably still be due a compo fee likely bigger than our seasons budget. Plus he had the luxury at St Mirren of having lots of cash which meant they basically bought themselves the championship title with a squad which was far better than any of their challengers that season if i remember rightly.

Also made me wonder actually how good a manager he really is and he's really struggled down at Sunderland, personally don't think he'd entertain coming to us, if he goes anywhere in Scotland  it could be Hibs.

There was f**k all flukey about it.

They played well (for a junior side) and we were terrible. Yet we could still have won that game.

There’s not one player in that squad that would get into any of the teams in this league. That’s how big the gap is. Now consider the gap from Talbot, to the rest of the junior league.

That's my exact point. They are comfortably good enough for the lowland league and it gives them a chance to try and get into the senior leagues. 

I think to be fair to Talbot they are preparing for inevitability joining the pyramid. Did they not recently get floodlights?

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The hard core of people who go to auchinleck home games don't mind paying £6 to watch a game do I think they will pay £15 to watch a league 2 game maybe not thus less money coming in 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Even if he was sacked beforehand Sunderland would probably still be due a compo fee likely bigger than our seasons budget. 

Also made me wonder actually how good a manager he really is and he's really struggled down at Sunderland, personally don't think he'd entertain coming to us, if he goes anywhere in Scotland  it could be Hibs.

What makes you think if Sunderland sack him they’d be due compo? If he’s unemployed he is entitled to seek employment at another club without prejudice. Would be different if he resigned. Only snag would be if he was effective placed  on gardening leave or if his payout from Sunderland has a condition that if he is reemployed in a certain timeframe he loses some of it. In both these situations it would be Jack arose taking the hit, not Ayr.

Yeah he’s struggled at Sunderland but they are a basket case of a club. They are still carrying some players from the Premiership so their wage bill must be horrendous. They have also been under embargo so their transfer dealings this year are limited.

He did a good job with Alloa prior to St Mirren.

Im sure if he does become available he’ll have bigger offers than us.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

They played well (for a junior side) and we were terrible. Yet we could still have won that game.

There’s not one player in that squad that would get into any of the teams in this league. That’s how big the gap is. Now consider the gap from Talbot, to the rest of the junior league.

Correct Moore missed an absolute snip in the second half

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:
7 hours ago, RedEd said:
It is a big gap.  One flukey win doesn't alter that. Amongst others, they've been put out by Stirling,  Stranraer, Edinburgh City (when they were non-league) and Cumbernauld Colts.

There was f**k all flukey about it.

We had something like 21 efforts on goal to their 4. They then score from  a free kick that shouldn't have been, thanks to Chris Higgins sleeping. It doesn't matter now, it's history. But to claim there isn't a big gap between the West  Premiership and the SPFL Championship is way off the mark. Remember that we beat Beith in the previous round. They were reigning league champions at the time.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think to be fair to Talbot they are preparing for inevitability joining the pyramid. Did they not recently get floodlights?

Not yet. I think they've done some of the preparatory work but they haven't been installed. They were still fundraising for them recently. 

You mean you wouldn’t take Gordon pope?

Just reading through some of the stuff on the Partick Thistle thread and it makes me think wtf has McCall done going their from one of the safest jobs in Scottish football right now. Seems like he manipulated it so made his bed etc, etc. Cant' help but think this will come back to bite him in the arse though.

4 hours ago, super_carson said:

Cameron was on the SRE page this morning stating that all of these 'linked' names are clearly bollocks...some ofnthe more experienced managers and their agents will maybe try to use media connections to get their names out there, but that's about it.

Screenshot_20190925-084026_Facebook.thumb.jpeg.1f06fb9e639d96785caaaad6a57ae9d8.jpeg

f**k sake, Why is our owner coming on to a fans forum and saying stuff like this? Makes us look unprofessional as f**k.

99/100 Ayr comfortably beat Talbot. On that day however we were really awful and Talbot fully deserved their win. Keep Tommy in his bubble of junior football. Talbot love being the big fish in a small pond hence why they haven't made any attempt to get into the Lowland League. 
That first sentence shows how deranged some of our fans can be.

We played them once and it wasn't a smash and grab. They looked reasonably comfortable after they got their goal. As I've said, anyone who watched us in the two previous games could not possibly have been surprised by the result.

Yes there's a gap and yes we'd beat them more often than not but it's nowhere near as wide as some folk make out. This is a fairly regular occurrence amongst football fans. Livingston getting a double promotion with so-called 'league 1 players' was a great example. Even some of our own support wrote off players when we got promoted on the basis that they're 'not at that level'. In general, fans are pretty clueless with these things.

The other end of the scale has folk touting Jack Ross as a potential manager. As was pointed out he was on a much higher wage than we could afford at st mirren and then massively increased it down at Sunderland. He's a good two steps above our budget.

Now some folk might think that's us lacking in ambition. I would suggest those folk aren't living in the real world.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We played them once and it wasn't a smash and grab. They looked reasonably comfortable after they got their goal. As I've said, anyone who watched us in the two previous games could not possibly have been surprised by the result.

Yes there's a gap and yes we'd beat them more often than not but it's nowhere near as wide as some folk make out. This is a fairly regular occurrence amongst football fans. Livingston getting a double promotion with so-called 'league 1 players' was a great example. Even some of our own support wrote off players when we got promoted on the basis that they're 'not at that level'. In general, fans are pretty clueless with these things.

The other end of the scale has folk touting Jack Ross as a potential manager. As was pointed out he was on a much higher wage than we could afford at st mirren and then massively increased it down at Sunderland. He's a good two steps above our budget.

Now some folk might think that's us lacking in ambition. I would suggest those folk aren't living in the real world.

The fact that Talbot start players that were previously released by Ayr for being useless at a level below where the team now plays is a pretty easy indicator of the relative merits of the squads.

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Talbot won't shag you mate