Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Stevie Farrell at Stranraer would be funny just for the tears from them. 

Any time I think of Stranraer these days I recall before we played them in the Play Off final some banter merchant got Wagner to sing "Where have your ferries gone? Far far away..."

Does someone still have that somewhere? As it had me in stitches at the time and I could use cheering up.

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

^A good summary from D'Jaffo there. 

Only two tweaks, I'm not sure Dick 'Stone Cold' Campbell is the answer but he would be top bantz.

I actually think Yogi gets a hard rap too, he lost the plot at Raith but there is a decent manager in there. That said, I don't think he is right for it.

Yogi has a decent track record, but it cannot be emphasised enough what an absolute moron he was with us. 

Yogi has a decent track record, but it cannot be emphasised enough what an absolute moron he was with us. 
Maybe I look at that time through rose tinted glasses but I always thought that back 4 of Robertson, Yogi, Craig and Lovering was excellent but that's a few times now I've see Yogi's name linked with being an arse at the time.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Maybe I look at that time through rose tinted glasses but I always thought that back 4 of Robertson, Yogi, Craig and Lovering was excellent but that's a few times now I've see Yogi's name linked with being an arse at the time.

He's a Raith fan. He's talking about Yogi's time as manager with them. 

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Calderon is a Raith fan. 

However, Yogi got sent off twice in one game once playing for us a complete buffoon. 

Being honest, I couldn't give a flying fcuk right now and let's face it we've got no input on the matter, so over to you Lachlan, what are YOU looking for in the appointment and will it be another "gentleman's agreement" ? or will we be trying to tempt a big name in and tie them down ?

Fcuk it, just give it to Sandy I say...................

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I loved that back four.

So did I ,say what you want about Yogi and I don't want him as manager but in my 40+ years as a fan he's the only captain to lead us out at Hampden in a major final albeit we were gubbed by an EBT laden team we did compete first half 

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Being honest, I couldn't give a flying fcuk right now and let's face it we've got no input on the matter, so over to you Lachlan, what are YOU looking for in the appointment and will it be another "gentleman's agreement" ? or will we be trying to tempt a big name in and tie them down ?

Fcuk it, just give it to Sandy I say...................

Right, we get it mate. You think Sandy Stewart should be given the job. 

Hughes might not actually be too bad a fit for Ayr at the moment. You've got a decent team and are playing well. He took over at ICT when Butcher went to Hibs (lol) and took a pretty smooth running outfit and made them perform even better (after an initial bumpy start). It fell apart for Hughes at ICT when he had to start bringing his own players and he failed miserably. 

Long term he might not be a great option but for the next couple of years he could probably do you a wee turn.

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hughes might not actually be too bad a fit for Ayr at the moment. You've got a decent team and are playing well. He took over at ICT when Butcher went to Hibs (lol) and took a pretty smooth running outfit and made them perform even better (after an initial bumpy start). It fell apart for Hughes at ICT when he had to start bringing his own players and he failed miserably. 

Long term he might not be a great option but for the next couple of years he could probably do you a wee turn.

Given we pretty much need to rebuild every summer, Yogi would be a dreadful decision we can ill afford.