Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hope so , every club is losing money and in the majority of games travelling fans are approx 50/60% down on a Saturday game , rumour has it that there will be no more than 100/150 Dundee fans tomorrow, if it was on Saturday at least 200/300

Yeah it is a pain for away fans and I can see why the away support can be half of what a Saturday would have been. Personally the Fri night games suit me better due to work circumstances but I know I’m in the minority

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone else think that BBC Scotland may be jacking in the Fri night games? There’s been no announcement of the next batch they’re going to show and the last Fri game  for them is next week! 

I don't think they are in a position to show anything before 29 November. BT are showing the Dundee derby on the 8th, the following weekend is the Challenge Cup (Raith v Elgin on Alba) and the weekend after that is the Scottish Cup when BBC Scotland has Linlithgow v Falkirk.

51 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone else think that BBC Scotland may be jacking in the Fri night games? There’s been no announcement of the next batch they’re going to show and the last Fri game  for them is next week! 

I hope not, I love having a championship game to watch on a Friday night but I’d prefer if all our games were at 3pm on a Saturday. 

The deal with the BBC  covers this season in the Championship, strange if they'd jack it in at this stage.  Maybe they are just waiting to see  how the table shapes up before  picking their lot, although the way  things  have gone so far they'd be as well as just picking numbers from a hat.

For the BBC games i'd prefer them to be on a Saturday at a reasonable time like 1230 or 1730. Hate this 1905 pish on a Friday night, would be a bit more acceptable with a 1945 kick off but that ain't going to happen because of their nine programme.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
Interview with McArdle up. Can't wait to see how Kerrball turns out.

Kerrball is genius. That's a thing now. You made it a thing, and now the gaffer has to deliver.

The manager has made it a thing with what he's said so far as to his approach, and his assistant.  Be interesting to see its effect. Hopefully the injury situation is top of his list.

For the BBC games i'd prefer them to be on a Saturday at a reasonable time like 1230 or 1730. Hate this 1905 pish on a Friday night, would be a bit more acceptable with a 1945 kick off but that ain't going to happen because of their nine programme.

Would be interesting to see which programme gets the higher viewing figures, the football or the nine? Personally I’ve never watched the nine.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but all this data analysis stuff leaves me a bit cold.  Who is going to shout at the players at half time when it’s not working?  Feels like over-complicating football and turning it into a management trainee scheme.  The worry for me is that if the players don’t buy into it (as happened to Cathro at a Hearts) then it all unravels pretty quick.
It’s certainly clear that the whole style  is going to be very different from the keep it simple McCall approach.  Hopefully we still intend to bring in an experienced old hand to support Kerr as, for all his paper qualifications, McCardle seems as inexperienced as Kerr.

Good luck to him. But got to admit I had the same fear listening to it. Loaded with jargon, hopefully not overloading the players and making it too fussy

1 hour ago, FergR said:

Good luck to him. But got to admit I had the same fear listening to it. Loaded with jargon, hopefully not overloading the players and making it too fussy

Me too. Statistics and analysis count for bugger all at times. Look at possession stats, you can have 80% possession but it counts for nothing if you don’t win a game! Personally I’d prefer to leave stats and “Moneyball” management to baseball 

Me too. Statistics and analysis count for bugger all at times. Look at possession stats, you can have 80% possession but it counts for nothing if you don’t win a game! Personally I’d prefer to leave stats and “Moneyball” management to baseball 

When was moneyball mentioned?!

Monitoring opponents and ensuring training is effective and meets the needs of the players. Not really sure what the issue is.