Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are Ayr's crowds down on these Friday night games?

Much like yourselves, I think we'll see a couple hundred less from Dundee than we would have on a Saturday. I'd say the home crowd will probably be roughly 100-200 less as well.

ETA: Our only home Friday night home game so far was Dundee Utd at home in January, so the crowd was pretty reasonable as the title was still up for grabs.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are Ayr's crowds down on these Friday night games?

The Home support not so much but it's more the away support which is badly impacted due to the early kick off time.

23 minutes ago, Ayrpar said:

So what you looking at - about 1800/1900 ?  I will be there , first Ayr game not involving  the Pars I will have attended  in several seasons, think last one was against East Fife !

Yes, that would sound about right.

I'd say that we have a hardcore of about 1,600 home fans and this rises to around the 2,000 mark on occasion, however with it being a Friday night and also live on TV, I'd reckon we'll be nearer the 1,600 figure. Dundee I'd imagine would still bring 200- 300 down so I'd say you're about spot on.

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, that would sound about right.

I'd say that we have a hardcore of about 1,600 home fans and this rises to around the 2,000 mark on occasion, however with it being a Friday night and also live on TV, I'd reckon we'll be nearer the 1,600 figure. Dundee I'd imagine would still bring 200- 300 down so I'd say you're about spot on.

Realise there's a bigger distance to go, but I think Dundee only took about 70 to Dumfries on a Friday night a few weeks ago. 

16 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Realise there's a bigger distance to go, but I think Dundee only took about 70 to Dumfries on a Friday night a few weeks ago. 

Not so good, I was thinking / hoping that they'd maybe bring down at least 200 anyway ??

Again though, not ideal from a kick off time perspective so can't really blame them.

7 minutes ago, Murphster said:

if our home crowds weren't going to grow last season, they aint ever going to grow unfortunately, away support is a bout a quarter of our home support strangely enough  & is superb.......imo obviously

I think it will take a few season of consolidation at this level before we really see an increase and even at that we're probably only talking a couple of hundred.

The important thing is to attract the next generation of fans and looking around we seem to be doing pretty well on that score as I've noticed lots of youngsters at the games recently. If we can break the stranglehold of the old firm amongst our school age support then it will augur well for the future. Of course the only way to do that is by raising our profile and by keeping ourselves in the media by continuing to get results and playing attractive attacking football.

It's interesting though as our average home support just now is actually better than it was in 00/ 01 and we also had a pretty successful side back then as well..........

Dundee to Ayr can be done in about 2 hours, maybe 2 and a half, Dunfries is probably 2 and a half to 3 hours... people can finish work at 4.30 and still make it to Ayr, but not to Dunfries I'd imagine?

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
59 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Dundee to Ayr can be done in about 2 hours, maybe 2 and a half, Dunfries is probably 2 and a half to 3 hours... people can finish work at 4.30 and still make it to Ayr, but not to Dunfries I'd imagine?

About half an hour of a difference, so aye. Of course we aren't taking into account that Dundee FC are absolutely massive with supporters in all corners of the nation.

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think it will take a few season of consolidation at this level before we really see an increase and even at that we're probably only talking a couple of hundred.....

It's far far more likely that a "few seasons of consolidation" will see home crowds drop due to a bit of staleness. That's certainly what we've found.

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Where's this place?

Really is ridiculous. The vast majority that would travel to Dumfries/Ayr on a Friday night are the diehards.  Very few casual fans would attend either of these games. The audacity to then make the game a 7:05pm showing when a sizeable proportion of these diehards won't get out of work until 4pm possibly even 5pm is a complete slap in the face.

I'm surprised we took as many as 154 to Dumfries. Pretty impressive all things considered. I just hope we can get over 100 again for the Ayr game. I'm not saying we'd bring a massive support on a Saturday 3pm, but certainly be more in the region of at least double that figure which certainly will have a negative impact financially.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really is ridiculous. The vast majority that would travel to Dumfries/Ayr on a Friday night are the diehards.  Very few casual fans would attend either of these games. The audacity to then make the game a 7:05pm showing when a sizeable proportion of these diehards won't get out of work until 4pm possibly even 5pm is a complete slap in the face.

I'm surprised we took as many as 154 to Dumfries. Pretty impressive all things considered. I just hope we can get over 100 again for the Ayr game. I'm not saying we'd bring a massive support on a Saturday 3pm, but certainly be more in the region of at least double that figure which certainly will have a negative impact financially.

This has been talked about before on here. The price you pay for being in a diddy league although I was delighted when I travelled through to Dundee last season on a Friday night to see the honest men bum the tangerines/terrors/arabs or whatever their called.