Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

3 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I can imagine Lee Miller might find his way to Somerset Park in January, especially if we allow a striker or two to leave...

Would he replace Ross Docherty as most handsome player in the squad? Quite possibly. 

Does anyone know where the team do most of their training?

Wondering if the new boss will change anything much from the previous regime? Location, Start / finish times, gym sessions as a team, post match routines.

In last night's Radio Scotland show, he spoke about not changing much on the field of play, certainly in our attempts to get the ball down and go forward, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have his own ideas about training and our approach to things during the week.

For example I have it on good authority that under McCall our time spent during the week on attacking and defending set pieces was minimal to non existent.

That truly astounds me in this day and age. For a full time team that just shouldn't happen.

Had to laugh as McCall statedwords to the effect that the Thistle players have never worked as hard in training.

14 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know where the team do most of their training?

Wondering if the new boss will change anything much from the previous regime? Location, Start / finish times, gym sessions as a team, post match routines.

In last night's Radio Scotland show, he spoke about not changing much on the field of play, certainly in our attempts to get the ball down and go forward, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have his own ideas about training and our approach to things during the week.

For example I have it on good authority that under McCall our time spent during the week on attacking and defending set pieces was minimal to non existent.

That truly astounds me in this day and age. For a full time team that just shouldn't happen.

Had to laugh as McCall statedwords to the effect that the Thistle players have never worked as hard in training.

No changes to training days , venues or times , all training takes place in Ayr 

Michael McCardle is new assistant manager according to someone on the SRE. Head of St Mirren academy or something

He was apparently an academy coach at Falkirk under Houston so Kerr will know him from there.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Michael McCardle is new assistant manager according to someone on the SRE. Head of St Mirren academy or something

He is definitely not the cheap option , just check out his experience on Wikipedia, taking a step back to further his career coming from a fantastic job at a premiership club  , it’s like getting 3 people in one with what he is capable of contributing to the club , a great asset