Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm only going by what @callum-ayr said about Stewart supposedly gone

I don’t know anymore than you , just rumours that who ever got the job  between them would not make much difference to their relationship, but after decisions are made some people change their minds very quickly 

I thought the reason you weren't announcing the new manager til today was because he was "meeting the players" on Monday (Monkey Tennis was talking about this being a potential leak many pages back)? Why would he need to meet the players given that he is one of them! Things like that (and the IKT stuff, and the jetting in from LA etc.) make it sound like your preferred candidate either turned it down or couldn't agree terms and you've went down the senior pro route.

I thought the reason you weren't announcing the new manager til today was because he was "meeting the players" on Monday (Monkey Tennis was talking about this being a potential leak many pages back)? Why would he need to meet the players given that he is one of them! Things like that (and the IKT stuff, and the jetting in from LA etc.) make it sound like your preferred candidate either turned it down or couldn't agree terms and you've went down the senior pro route.

The “meeting the players” thing was just rumours on here.

Ultimately the Chairman and directors didn’t decide who to appoint until last nights board meeting. Kerr and the other candidates were all informed afterwards and announced this morning.

Fair play to Lachlan for not picking one of the usual suspects. McIntyre and Canning gave me the fear so at least with Kerr we might see some continuity of the style of play we have been enjoying this season. Good luck to the guy and here's hoping those miserable arseholes in our support don't start giving him grief if we are not 5-0 up after 10 minutes on Friday.

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just had a look on the SRE and quickly went off it lol, safe to say the knives are out on there.

Fans are entitled to have their opinion. Fans just feel that again it's lack of ambition being shown by the board. .

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You are *extremely* touchy today. Are you a family friend of Mr Kerr?

Joking aside I just believe Kerr should be given a chance. Half of our support have already written him off before he's even taken a training session (assuming he'll actually be taking a training session) which I think is pretty pathetic.

From my own perspective I have no delusions of grandeur where Ayr are concerned, at the moment I'd say we're actually overachieving and we're also playing attractive and entertaining football, so again if Kerr can keep up the work and keep us competitive while playing good football then that will be fine with me.

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't understand why Cameron gave it all the big talk about jetting in from LA to interview these guys and then saying on Saturday about having to fly home but new manager will be announced on Tuesday. Made it sound as if it was going to be some glamour appointment.

Hope Peter Houston comes in as assistant, with Stewart apparently gone the backroom staff are going to be even more important now.

Think he was just being a professional, a face to face interview is light years ahead of talking via a screen. 

25 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Fair play to Lachlan for not picking one of the usual suspects. McIntyre and Canning gave me the fear so at least with Kerr we might see some continuity of the style of play we have been enjoying this season. Good luck to the guy and here's hoping those miserable arseholes in our support don't start giving him grief if we are not 5-0 up after 10 minutes on Friday.

Surely we'll give him at least 20 minutes?

Just watched the interview. Really liked what he had to say, talked a good game anyway. Been preparing for this opportunity for years now. If he can get some players to extend contracts and bring in a good experienced coach/assistant to help him out we could be onto a good appointment. Obviously the proof will be in the pudding, but to be fair I’m far happier with him than the likes of Canning or Hughes.

I'd far rather take a punt on a newbie than the underwhelming shite that applied, at least with someone unexposed there's a chance of us going to the next level, the thought of watching us return to sitting in and hoping for the best wasn't very appealing, far rather watch a team of kids being brave enough to show for their teammates and taking risks.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

I don’t know anymore than you , just rumours that who ever got the job  between them would not make much difference to their relationship, but after decisions are made some people change their minds very quickly 

Jack Ross and Ian Murray both worked together at Dumbarton despite both applying for the managers job. If they both get on well and there's no hard feelings it would be daft of Stewart to put himself out of work.

Jack Ross and Ian Murray both worked together at Dumbarton despite both applying for the managers job. If they both get on well and there's no hard feelings it would be daft of Stewart to put himself out of work.
I would think if Stewart doesn't wanna stay I reckon he will probably go to thistle with jobby