Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s clearly the easy, cheap appointment from Cameron. My expectations were low but we’ve exceeded them. 

Not the cheapest option , how can you judge the guy , Iets see what he can do in January window , and it now gives us budget for another player that can help us get over our annual Jan to April collapse

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Not the cheapest option , how can you judge the guy , I really hope he makes you eat your words 

How he not the cheapest? He’s got no managerial experience, a current player. No ambition from the club. Your the only one who regards this as a decent appointment. Ayr United Twitter is currently in meltdown and rightly so. 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

How can anyone judge someone who has never managed ? Most fans did not want anyone on the list , how fickle , the guy could turn out to be a real gem , what managerial experience did Gerrard have , Lennon first time around , give the guy a few games before being judged , I will reserve my opinion until at least 6 games 

It depends what you are judging them on. Do you think in our current position Ayr Utd requires a rookie manager? For me we are doing very well currently although punching above our weight a little. Still think we need to establish ourselves in this league for another few seasons in order to build the backbone of the club up and get the benefit of developing players. Most of the other candidates on that list would have managed to do that and would have been a safe bet. Nothing against Mark Kerr and he may turn out to be a good manager but to me this is a gamble. Very much looks like we are going back to the old recruitment ways whilst keeping a coach happy. If the easy, cheap , jobs for the boys unimaginative route was needed then I’d rather he lifted the phone to someone like Peter Murphy 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

How he not the cheapest? He’s got no managerial experience, a current player. No ambition from the club. Your the only one who regards this as a decent appointment. Ayr United Twitter is currently in meltdown and rightly so. 

Sorry but your wrong , nowhere have I said it’s a decent appointment, read my comments again , I have said I will give him benefit of the doubt and judge him after 6 games , so please get facts right before accusing me of  saying something that was not said 

The reaction of our fan base shouldn’t be used as an indicator here.

If Cameron has sat down with him and liked what he had to say then he’s got to appoint him. If it was all about money he could’ve appointed him weeks ago.

Firstly my choice was to give it to the team that were left when Mcall pissed off so I can’t see this being much different from that, clearly Ss did not want the job and is happy to coach so why all the bitching, a lot of posters also wanted that.

Give the guy a chance he’ll play when he can if there’s any bitching to be done it should be to the chairman with that cryptic post before flying off making everyone think we were getting someone new, can just see him rolling about laughing his head off at your posts

we have no money if that’s not a surprise so it’s the only option we had get over it and support the team.

Doesn’t seem at all like the club have benefited from their increased stature or league position here. Could’ve appointed Kerr if they were in League One.

Hope he’s a massive success, but will be very surprised if he is.

Edited by Iain

I honestly can't believe the attitudes of some of our so called fans, even guys from other clubs posting here think many are being completely unfair / irrational etc.

Cameron is even getting it from some quarters despite the fact that he's overseen one of our most successful and entertaining periods in the last 30 years !!

Get a grip for Christ sake, we're living within our means, we're sitting joint top of the second tier and playing great football, honestly, what the Hell do some of you expect or think we SHOULD be achieving ???

Reality check please, that's all I'd ask.....................

Just now, WATTOO said:

I honestly can't believe the attitudes of some of our so called fans, even guys from other clubs posting here think many are being completely unfair / irrational etc.

Cameron is even getting it from some quarters despite the fact that he's overseen one of our most successful and entertaining periods in the last 30 years !!

Get a grip for Christ sake, we're living within our means, we're sitting joint top of the second tier and playing great football, honestly, what the Hell do some of you expect or think we SHOULD be achieving ???

Reality check please, that's all I'd ask.....................

Cameron is rightly getting stick for choosing the cheap and easy option. He absolutely deserves the stick he is getting.