Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

1 minute ago, Meathead said:

Whether this is a good managerial appointment or not, it presumably means Kerr will no longer be playing (at least not regularly). We're an Andy Geggan injury away from really struggling in the middle of the park now.

I love Andy Geggan, is he good enough to be playing as a centre mid? Thought he was better at right back by the end of his time at us. 

2 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Whether this is a good managerial appointment or not, it presumably means Kerr will no longer be playing (at least not regularly). We're an Andy Geggan injury away from really struggling in the middle of the park now.

There should at least be money to sign a player.

If you are a fan you would give the guy a chance , can’t believe some of the comments that have absolutely no fundamental evidence that the guy is not manager material, would hate to work for them if I was trying to progress my career and getting told I have no experience after playing the game professionally for nearly 20 years , the guy is a true professional and had been offered assistant manager twice during his career at Ayr at other clubs , obviously someone saw something in him , I am not saying he was one of my choices but would like to see what he can do 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

What a joke of an appointment, that truly is no ambition imo.

I hope I'm proved wrong...

There's a lot to moan about when appointing a cheaper already-at-the-club option, but this argument doesn't stick with me.

Appointing Jim fucking McIntyre wouldn't have exactly been the far reaching reaching for the stars ambitious appointment that some fans want. Perspective is required, the pool of managers out there just now is not very good.

Goes without saying that he should have everyone’s support & best wishes but to pacify any supporters who might question the appointment, it’d be good PR if Cameron would go on record on why Kerr stood out above all other contenders.

It’s a gamble but all the other names mentioned would have come with risks attached too.

Goes without saying that he should have everyone’s support & best wishes but to pacify any supporters who might question the appointment, it’d be good PR if Cameron would go on record on why Kerr stood out above all other contenders.

It’s a gamble but all the other names mentioned would have come with risks attached too.

I would imagine this appointment has went down well with the players which would’ve been a big plus.

I’m not angry or disgusted like some fans are saying they are. Just a bit underwhelmed. I don’t think it’s a lack of ambition as none of the names mentioned were especially ambitious. Kerr definitely falls into the unknown quantity category though.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I love Andy Geggan, is he good enough to be playing as a centre mid? Thought he was better at right back by the end of his time at us. 

Yeah these days he's much better suited to right back, but with Murdoch out injured and 4-5-1 being the preferred formation this season it's been a case of needs must.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

There should at least be money to sign a player.

In January, yes. Leaves us a bit short until then however.

I'm a bit surprised but not disappointed.

He knows the club and the players and from looking at him on the pitch he is always there to support the players.

Yes it's a gamble but I think anybody who took the role would have been a gamble.

It's a result driven industry so we need results on the pitch simple as that (nothing changes there).

I'm hoping Stewart is staying as part of his coaching team.

1 minute ago, Meathead said:

Yeah these days he's much better suited to right back, but with Murdoch out injured and 4-5-1 being the preferred formation this season it's been a case of needs must.

In January, yes. Leaves us a bit short until then however.

Presumably we can sign a free agent if there are any decent ones floating around?  

Judging my how skint we are, can we possibly afford one?

Forget money

Is there anyone decent out there?

Nothing has been said about whether he’ll keep playing or not but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t.