Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Is McCall still doing his radio Scotland thing? If so can't wait for his comments about how the board haven't listened to him and why he wasn't asked his opinion.

Aye, he will be on tomorrow night.   

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nonsense. But we will never agree on him.

You were the boy that was banging on about what a great guy Billy Dodds was, think I'll respect Monkeys opinion more.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You were the boy that was banging on about what a great guy Billy Dodds was, think I'll respect Monkeys opinion more.

Thank you.

Yeah, not really worried what you think to be honest. Especially given your adoration of the well known racist Morrisey.

Been nothing on there thread for 11hrs you would think the some one on there would have heard a rumor or two, mind you it's Fife so they are probably still on the dial up internet there
Anyone that's #ITK is likely to be at the club and therefore won't post anything. I'm not local anymore so haven't heard anything myself, would be pretty gutted if he went.

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, he will be on tomorrow night.   

Convenient to be able to comment on the new manager, cue him coming out and saying it's not a good appointment by Cameron and the board should have taken his advice on the next manager.

Anyone that's #ITK is likely to be at the club and therefore won't post anything. I'm not local anymore so haven't heard anything myself, would be pretty gutted if he went.
Darren would surely get a bigger FT team than that of Ayr.
Heard Ayr do a rolling monthly contract. Hardly any way to entice a manager that is in with the pillars at Bayview.

My guess is he's going absolutely nowhere!!

Heard Ayr do a rolling monthly contract. Hardly any way to entice a manager that is in with the pillars at Bayview.

McCall was on a rolling contract but that wasn’t the norm.

We won’t have offered that to Young.

2 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

What has Young achieved to suggest he can get a gig better than 2nd best team in the Championship? 

He's lead East Fife to two average mid table finishes so far. He is a massive gamble. 

23 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

0F7CE1FC-4109-4570-9763-C2D3A83C5F7F.thumb.jpeg.023c644c03cc4694b09a6303b8462d5b.jpeg

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Paul Hartley was apparently the late candidate that applied and was interviewed. I for one hope not.

I genuinely think you could do a lot worse, hell I'd prefer him to our current situation.

He lost the head a couple of times in the transfer market (the second time especially dreadfully at Falkirk) but he's a proper 24/7 football guy who takes no shite and isn't a big mouth who moans and tries to create a spectacle in the press every week. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a shot at this level again and I think he'll probably do OK for himself.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:
If it’s Darren Young then East Fife could do us all a favour and announce he’s leaving tonight like we did with McCall.
Given the names that were mentioned I would be quite happy if this was the case.

Been nothing on there thread for 11hrs you would think the some one on there would have heard a rumor or two, mind you it's Fife so they are probably still on the dial up internet there

Nah, they're the arse end of Fife with the sort of multiples in their breeding that Coolmore stud would be proud of.

Edited by ayrmad

I genuinely think you could do a lot worse, hell I'd prefer him to our current situation.
He lost the head a couple of times in the transfer market (the second time especially dreadfully at Falkirk) but he's a proper 24/7 football guy who takes no shite and isn't a big mouth who moans and tries to create a spectacle in the press every week. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a shot at this level again and I think he'll probably do OK for himself.
Paul Hartley never applied or was offered an interview total balls

22 minutes ago, harry94 said:

he's a proper 24/7 football guy who takes no shite and isn't a big mouth who moans and tries to create a spectacle in the press every week. 

By all accounts he was an absolute arsehole to the press volunteers at Falkirk. 

QoTS fans by and large vastly overestimated the players they had when McIntyre came in, mental to think they're unhappy with him taking that squad into the playoffs considering the sides in the division that season.