Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

10 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

All of us trying to figure out the new gaffer from@Robbo63 cryptic clues lolScreenshot_2019-10-21-17-32-59.jpeg

Just going on clues given to me , I am in same boat as most of you , i am aware of who it is not,  that then leaves only 2 candidates , and I have chosen 1 of them , not my favourite at outset though , the preferred candidate is still top secret, no one outside the boardroom knows 100% who it is 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Just going on clues given to me , I am in same boat as most of you , i am aware of who it is not,  that then leaves only 2 candidates , and I have chosen 1 of them , not my favourite at outset though 

So you had the final decision? 😮

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Just going on clues given to me , I am in same boat as most of you , i am aware of who it is not,  that then leaves only 2 candidates , and I have chosen 1 of them , not my favourite at outset though , the preferred candidate is still top secret, no one outside the boardroom knows 100% who it is 

Are you Lachlan?! 🤔🤔🤔

19 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Im thinking, McIntyre would've played at Airdrie with Sandy back in the day.

Jim McIntyre was at Dunfermline at the same time as Steven Bell. Darren Young may or not have been at East End Park when Bell signed but it's possible he left before then. And McIntyre and Stewart were at Airdrie together. 

Edited by RedEd

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

So out of McCowan, Forrest, Moffat, Doolan , McKenzie, McGuffie and Moore who is the only decent forward ? 

Moffat.  

I’m not really counting Forrest and McCowan, though the latter might be able to do a job through the middle.  Doolan is done and it would probably suit everyone if he goes to Partick as a coach in January.   I haven’t exactly given up on Moore, but I would see it as a huge and unexpected bonus if he can reclaim the potential from a couple of seasons back.  McGuffie is never a forward.  I hope McKenzie has something to offer but at the moment he is still a bit short of a real first team breakthrough.  

We definitely lack a centre forward and/or a penalty box striker.  Think it’s all academic anyway as there probably isn’t money anyway and player availability is always a real problem mid-season.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Moffat.  

I’m not really counting Forrest and McCowan, though the latter might be able to do a job through the middle.  Doolan is done and it would probably suit everyone if he goes to Partick as a coach in January.   I haven’t exactly given up on Moore, but I would see it as a huge and unexpected bonus if he can reclaim the potential from a couple of seasons back.  McGuffie is never a forward.  I hope McKenzie has something to offer but at the moment he is still a bit short of a real first team breakthrough.  

We definitely lack a centre forward and/or a penalty box striker.  Think it’s all academic anyway as there probably isn’t money anyway and player availability is always a real problem mid-season.

The only difference is that I counted Forrest and McCowan , agree with you on the others , be assured McKenzie if given a chance will be a good prospect for next season and following few years 

The only difference is that I counted Forrest and McCowan , agree with you on the others , be assured McKenzie if given a chance will be a good prospect for next season and following few years 
I know a guy who's grandson playes for the U18s and he's says McKenzie is a very good prospect

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah I think he could be a very good replacement for Darren Young. 

I think Young would be out the door not much quicker than he came in. He's no experience at Championship level never mind Premiership if that's where your aspirations lie. Can't really see Ayr opting for him unless your board have more than one bullet in the barrel. Its not as if you're sitting at the arse end of the league is it. Another Gary Naysmith scenario.

So that being the case... yeah, Barry Smith at Ayr would make sense.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I know a guy who's grandson playes for the U18s and he's says McKenzie is a very good prospect

I don’t doubt it, but we can’t be counting guys like him and Ecrepont as first team players in the here and now.  

The hard truth Is the squad was always too small and that being the case we need every player to be contributing.  In reality, Murdoch is out for the season, Ross, Adams and maybe now Bell are perma-crocks and Kerr is clearly running on empty.  

Geggan and Docherty’s past history suggests we’ll be lucky if they don’t have a spell out at some point.

This is arguably the reason McCall concluded he’d taken us as far as he could rather than all the I love Partick chat.

28 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Clinging onto some hope here:

As far as I’m aware McIntyre has either none or very little experience of working on a small budget, which is apparently one of the main criteria for getting the job.

I really hope you dodge the bullet with this McIntyre comedian, without doubt, the worst manager in our entire history, and by f**k we've had a few clowns.

Thank you.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I really hope you dodge the bullet with this McIntyre comedian, without doubt, the worst manager in our entire history, and by f**k we've had a few clowns.

Thank you.

Your current manager must be heading towards the "clown" criteria.