Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

we did play well today and were worth a point at least. BUT,  we failed to clear our lines for two of the goals. We missed chances second half and their goalie made a couple of excellent saves. (as did ours) So we weren't 'unlucky' We lost because we made mistakes.. 

We are playing some lovely entertaining football, but are not clinical with our finishing. Had some great balls to the back post but no one coming in to finish them off. We won well against Arbroath and Alloa, but should have won by more goals than we did. We've lost our last two, scored 2 conceded 5.   There isn't much tweaking to be done to make us an even  better side.

The players are good enough. We pass the ball better than any other team, we just need to be ruthless in finishing. If we do that, I'm happy with leaking a goal or two. 

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There shouldn’t be ceiling, we should be aiming for promotion this season. This league is awful. 

In every job you need to have a maximum salary and the one offered by Ayr is decent for a club at our level 

How'd you like Hamilton or st johnstone  playing in front of you 'four times a year'. Never mind paying a fiver for a pie n Bovril.

This league is  entertaining simply because every team is capable of beating the other.  Whereas there are only four games that matter in the premier league. And they all take place in Glasgow!

As for your "their not being a ceiling on wages". Could you please give us your bank account details and we'll gladly take your money to support your theory.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There shouldn’t be ceiling, we should be aiming for promotion this season. This league is awful. 

You have a point, that was the most frustrating thing of last season when many felt we never took a real proper go at promotion because of how gash this league is, it ain't improved any this season.

Edited by rb123!

If it’s McIntyre coming in then who’s the assistant? Dodds? McCabe?

I think it’s someone else that has applied not been linked that has got it!

Young - Cameron laughed at publicly

Yogi- didn’t apply

Houston has a decent job

Macintyre- shown no interest publicly

Canning- showed up at a few games but doesn’t play the style we like

Ss- I don’t think wants it/isn’t getting it

ETA-really don’t fancy macintyre

You have a point, that was the most frustrating thing of last season when many felt we never took a real proper go at promotion because of how gash this league is, it ain't improved any this season.
We kept shankland ffs, and that was massive in terms of trying to win the league (hindsight tells us we should've taken any bid going in January). That was ambition and we were criticised by many for not cashing in.

We've got a budget and it's determined by our annual income - which unfortunately isn't great. Unfortunately there seems to be a ceiling for home attendances.

We've been seriously spoiled in the last few years and there's no absolutely no guarantee that will continue, no matter who we bring in.

Football fans always overestimate the importance of a manager. It's an important role but there are a lot of other factors at play when it comes to achieving success.

47 minutes ago, Super cally said:

Thanks for that ,just in from the pub nitwit?

Talbot beat Ayr last year in the cup when Ayr were top of the league. Talbot this season have improved whereas Ayr have regressed. I would back Talbot to walk the championship.. I do not drink and love when folk resort to abuse in an argument as it proves my point was spot on.

Talbot beat Ayr last year in the cup when Ayr were top of the league. Talbot this season have improved whereas Ayr have regressed. I would back Talbot to walk the championship.. I do not drink and love when folk resort to abuse in an argument as it proves my point was spot on.

I think the worst thing about this is that I don’t even think you’re at the wind up - Talbot’s best players are rotten league one players.

1 minute ago, the west curve said:

You talk utter garbage why use us as  yardstick you're just fishing , you don't drink but bet ok fair enough, I don't think I was abusive but hey ho

1 minute ago, Super cally said:

You talk utter garbage why use us as  yardstick you're just fishing , you don't drink but bet ok fair enough, I don't think I was abusive but hey ho

Calling someone a nitwit is not very complimentary. I stated that Talbot would win the championship and stand by that.