Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

3 hours ago, Iain said:

I’d have far less of a problem with McCoist than most of the other names mentioned. Impossible to explain why, but I think he’d at least be interesting (and I generally rate his punditry and analysis).

Strangely I kind of agree.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate McCoist as a Coach or Manager however what he WOULD bring is a huge amount of publicity plus all his contacts both in the media and in the game itself which would undoubtedly raise the profile of the club.

It would need to come with the caveat of Sandy Stewart and the coaches dealing with the training, tactics and the team though !!!

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Strangely I kind of agree.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate McCoist as a Coach or Manager however what he WOULD bring is a huge amount of publicity plus all his contacts both in the media and in the game itself which would undoubtedly raise the profile of the club.

It would need to come with the caveat of Sandy Stewart and the coaches dealing with the training, tactics and the team though !!!

Means every article about the club would start with "Former Rangers Star / Rangers Legend".
In saying that I totally agree that someone with media connections can only be a bonus. The more the message gets out and the club is sold over the air the better. 

Under Roberts and Reid we were essentially anonymous outside of the Ayrshire Post. Bar that time Reid was brought in as expert pundit on BBC Alba for a playoff final. 
With McCall we've had plenty of exposure, for example the night at the Gaiety. The press conference at Auckinleck (sorry) and practically every week across the central belt on Clyde 1. 

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

There is life after Ian McCall, it is possible that people can improve on his work.  

Just because he did well does not mean it is the best that this club can do. 

Possible but if we're continually losing prized assets for nothing more than a handshake and thanks and then expecting continued loan signings to be as successful as the majority have been then I don't fancy our chances.

If the post from yesterday is to be believed, no reason not to, that the club are looking at keeping a more steady nucleus then it gives us a continued chance of punching above our weight.

Just out of interest what do you think "is the best that the club can do?".

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I think 2 of the 6 are definitely McIntyre and Canning. I really don’t think Stewart wants it, you just get the impression he’ll be interviewed for the sake of it so he takes it to 3. Sheerin and Young are probably the names Cameron is laughing at. That then leaves 3 with one more than likely being John Hughes.  Then the other 2 are anyone’s guess, although you could probably make one of them Houston.

Young was interviewed, could even have been after the "6" had theirs

Reading between the lines of LC's tweet, it makes you wonder if the "favourite" for the job is someone that hasn't been mentioned by either the media or us on here ??

Who knows ???

Would they not need permission from East Fife to interview Young? Would that not have been made public?

That’s up to East Fife whether it’s made public or not. But yes if he’s had an interview then they’ll know about it.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Interesting. Do you know if he applied or if we went for him?

We did not approach anyone to ask to speak to their manager , this is a job that people had to apply for , thus showing that they wanted the job , no announcement imminent as not everyone has received  their interview yet , some of the names mentioned in papers have not applied so let’s wait and see on Monday:Tuesday 

We did not approach anyone to ask to speak to their manager , this is a job that people had to apply for , thus showing that they wanted the job , no announcement imminent as not everyone has received  their interview yet , some of the names mentioned in papers have not applied so let’s wait and see on Monday:Tuesday 
Without getting yourself into trouble do you know if anyone not on the supposed list and mentioned on the thread has been interviewed or still to get an interview?

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Without getting yourself into trouble do you know if anyone not on the supposed list and mentioned on the thread has been interviewed or still to get an interview?

All I know is that 2 guys a number of people have spoken about were not on the interview list,  of which both have been mentioned in national press , NO point asking who as I would not disclose , all will be known soon 

Edited by Robbo63