Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

We always seem to drag managerial appointments out like a bad Eastenders storyline. Sunderland for example sacked Ross last Tuesday and have appointed a replacement already. Weeks down the line we’re still in limbo in who “the six” are. Honestly it’s such a soap opera 
Sunderland didn't just wake up that morning and decide to bin Ross. Apples and pears.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
We always seem to drag managerial appointments out like a bad Eastenders storyline. Sunderland for example sacked Ross last Tuesday and have appointed a replacement already. Weeks down the line we’re still in limbo in who “the six” are. Honestly it’s such a soap opera 

Sunderland didn't just wake up that morning and decide to bin Ross. Apples and pears.

correct breaking bad GIF

3 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Quite impressive, really, that none of the names on the shortlist have been leaked. 

[and that we're all scrambling around in the dark]

Reckon a bottle of Grey Goose might have furnished me with a few names.

It's actually better than Stevo' gran knowing everything.

5 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Quite impressive, really, that none of the names on the shortlist have been leaked. 

[and that we're all scrambling around in the dark]

You could have killed someone

9 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Just realistic. Regression to the mean.

There is life after Ian McCall, it is possible that people can improve on his work.  

Just because he did well does not mean it is the best that this club can do. 

There is life after Ian McCall, it is possible that people can improve on his work.  
Just because he did well does not mean it is the best that this club can do. 

True

He wasn’t perfect. For example I’d like us to get someone who’s teams don’t collapse suddenly when December comes around. And a bit more flexibility when it comes to tactics. For too long he favoured a 4-4-2 when we didn’t have the players to facilitate it. It was only this season that he realised trying to force players into that system could see us really struggle.

And for all Cameron made his point about bringing through youth players, McCall has only ever really brought through McGuffie and McCowan. Obviously we’ve got Hare-Reid, Ecrepont, McKenzie and Murphy all waiting in the wings but they’re not established in the first team yet. I think more could be done on that front.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given Cameron’s comments, who do we rule out of consideration?

This is great, there are no leaks. 

The leaks we thought were exposing 5 out of 6 candidates are being laughed at.   

Who the f**k is being interviewed?   Is my McCoist joke a reality? 

This is great, there are no leaks. 
The leaks we thought were exposing 5 out of 6 candidates are being laughed at.   
Who the f**k is being interviewed?   Is my McCoist joke a reality? 

McIntyre and Canning have been quoted loads of times and Cameron hasn’t commented so there’s a chance they might be interviewed.

I think the Sheerin one is nonsense.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

McIntyre and Canning have been quoted loads of times and Cameron hasn’t commented so there’s a chance they might be interviewed.

I think the Sheerin one is nonsense.

They are mentioned in the article

They are mentioned in the article

Yeah but my point is they’ve been mentioned before and Cameron never felt any need to comment. It’s only after names like Young and Sheerin have been mentioned that Cameron has weighed in.

Maybe they’re all nonsense but as you say in that case, who are we talking to? I refuse to believe that we’re entertaining McCoist. Would be an absolutely bizarre appointment.

I’d have far less of a problem with McCoist than most of the other names mentioned. Impossible to explain why, but I think he’d at least be interesting (and I generally rate his punditry and analysis).

I think 2 of the 6 are definitely McIntyre and Canning. I really don’t think Stewart wants it, you just get the impression he’ll be interviewed for the sake of it so he takes it to 3. Sheerin and Young are probably the names Cameron is laughing at. That then leaves 3 with one more than likely being John Hughes.  Then the other 2 are anyone’s guess, although you could probably make one of them Houston.

If Stewart doesn't want it then he won't have applied in which case he won't be getting interviewed, unless both parties want to be wasting each others time for no apparent reason.......