Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd be grateful if you could hurry up and appoint John Hughes.

Been thinking about this the other day and because McCall has had such a prolonged spell in charge with us, as a club we might be badly out of touch with the standard of potential managers who are out there and the usual suspects who apply for these things.

How do we benchmark "failure" from one candidate against another? Is it just a gut instinct from Lachlan as to which candidate would replicate the best McCall like relationship with him?

Some clubs will have regular appointments to make and in a perverse way you should, eventually, make the "right" appointment if you have enough practice.

Hopefully the club haven't thrown out the previous matrix that saw McCall appointed. Just out of interest, was it ever reported who else was shortlisted last time round?

Edited by BukyOHare

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

New manager isn’t being appointed till Monday. Sandy Stewart will be in charge on Saturday. 

Aye but I'm thinking longer term, both in terms of making you a worse side and having Hughes off the market in case we punted Crawford and the board were insane enough to ever consider Hughes.

What’s the thoughts on Paul Sheerin ? Knowledgeable, can work from academy players to 1st team , links to our feeder club ( Aberdeen) managed before , heard from a source showed an interest , not sure if he is on the short list though 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

What’s the thoughts on Paul Sheerin ? Knowledgeable, can work from academy players to 1st team , links to our feeder club ( Aberdeen) managed before , heard from a source showed an interest , not sure if he is on the short list though 

Seem to remember his name popping up post Reid and Roberts. Is he still working in the Aberdeen youth system? 

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Does he not live in the North East? Wouldn't be ideal if he's either leaving behind the family or splitting time between both.

If geography wasn't an issue then , like Kennedy, I'd be very much in favour, of appointing someone of that profile.

Played the game in the right manner and well thought of in the game. His Aberdeen contacts would also be a huge factor to consider. Sure he'll also have a clear vision as to how he thinks his team should play.

If he did apply, I'd have been disappointed to hear he didn't get an interview.

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Seem to remember his name popping up post Reid and Roberts. Is he still working in the Aberdeen youth system? 

Manager of the U20's apparently ?

The only thing I'd say is that Sandy Stewart has a similar to much higher profile than some of the names mentioned, he's also more experienced and already has his foot in the door, not to mention a high level of success since he's been involved.

Again, with the above in mind, he's GOT to be our man should he want the job...............

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The only thing I'd say is that Sandy Stewart has a similar to much higher profile than some of the names mentioned, he's also more experienced and already has his foot in the door, not to mention a high level of success since he's been involved.

Again, with the above in mind, he's GOT to be our man should he want the job...............

On top of that he'd probably be the cheapest to sack when it all goes wrong.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Even if he doesn't want the job then he surely has to be kept on to ensure an element of continuity?

I've got preferred candidates for who gets the job but Sandy is as important in remaining in the backroom team going forward.

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Even if he doesn't want the job then he surely has to be kept on to ensure an element of continuity?

I've got preferred candidates for who gets the job but Sandy is as important in remaining in the backroom team going forward.

Yes, 100% agree as I think most Ayr fans would.

On 15/10/2019 at 18:04, Robbo63 said:

Kilmarnock ........... current managers were only appointed with the understanding they could not change any of the back room staff

Tell me more about this.  Whilst you think about it have a read about our new assistant manager, goalkeeping coach and the resignation/removal of the head of our scouting system.

Tell me more about this.  Whilst you think about it have a read about our new assistant manager, goalkeeping coach and the resignation/removal of the head of our scouting system.
Should you not be off arguing about red dots with the other fruitloop?

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I would be surprised if the new manager doesn't know he has got the job before the game on Saturday therefore i wouldn't be at all surprised for said new manager to be at Dunfermline.

The last interview is Friday evening, so I don’t think they will to be honest. Midweek next week is when we’ll find out.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

The last interview is Friday evening, so I don’t think they will to be honest. Midweek next week is when we’ll find out.

Ah okay didn't realise that, thought Monday was when it's supposed to be announced? A decision until the middle of next week ain't going to give the manager must time to prepare for Dundee as it's the Friday night.