Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m kinda surprised we haven’t seen more saw this manager here and that manager there chat! Thought the sre would have been going mental just now!

Interviewee number 5 arriving in the Tryfield Place car park this morning.

If you look closely in the back window I think it's Yogi who's in it.

images.jpeg.jpg

Listened to the latest Simon Ferry podcast and each of the panel were wholesome in their praise of John Kennedy as both a player and coach.

Would somebody with this profile want to apply and be his own man?

Clearly well connected, played and worked with top players both domestically and internationally.

Just a thought until we get final confirmation and announcement of who has got the job.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Listened to the latest Simon Ferry podcast and each of the panel were wholesome in their praise of John Kennedy as both a player and coach.

Clearly well connected, played and worked with top players both domestically and internationally.

Just a thought until we get final confirmation and announcement of who has got the job.

Funny you say that actually. I was just thinking yesterday that John kennedy or similar type appointment might be interesting. I actually thought o Paul Sheerin too.

2 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Funny you say that actually. I was just thinking yesterday that John kennedy or similar type appointment might be interesting. I actually thought o Paul Sheerin too.

I think whoever has the job must have an element of upside, we don't want stale management styles, archaic training sessions and performances on a Saturday.

Of course these types of appointments will carry risk, all new managers will but hopefully some of the shortlist will have been out of the box and with some drive and positivity about them and their footballing opinions.

The likes of Kennedy, if whats to be believed, is a student of the game, has worked with top managers and would surely love to be given a decent opportunity in management. A team joint top of the championship surely gives him just that.

Given that Brendan Rodgers didn't want to take Kennedy to Leicester and Celtic didn't even want him as caretaker for one game when that move happened, I think it's clear he'd need to go and do well somewhere else if he ever wanted the top job there.

Well he's surely not going to get his dream job without earning his spurs as a manager in his own right?

I don’t think he’s that bothered about being Celtic manager. He seems happy just being involved like McGrain is.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Where someone like Kennedy would be worth his weight in gold would be his relationship with Celtic and the fact he'd have an excellent chance of securing the most promising Loan players, pretty much similar to what McCall has done with using his relationship with McInnes to secure the best young talent from Aberdeen. Having said that we've done not bad with Doohan from Celtic and Kelly from Rangers as well !!!

Obviously a decent coach but would he be interested and would he make a good "main man" ??

Who knows ???

Irrespective, It's still the heroic return of Neil and the 2 Rabs for me..................

Given that Brendan Rodgers didn't want to take Kennedy to Leicester and Celtic didn't even want him as caretaker for one game when that move happened, I think it's clear he'd need to go and do well somewhere else if he ever wanted the top job there.

I’m fairly sure that he did try and take him to Leicester but he decided to stay.