Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

19 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

From what I’ve heard Stewart doesn’t want the job full time. I want him to stay as a coach as he’s popular with the players but don’t want him as manager. 

I heard the opposite...

...but [and this bit I haven't heard] if Owen Coyle was interested in the job that would change, I expect. 

Everything seems to have gone wrong for Coyle since he was relegated with Bolton. Before that he was rumoured to be Strachans replacement at Celtic and was touted by Arsenal fans to replace Wenger.

Wigan, Houston, Blackburn and Ross County were all failures but he clearly was doing something right at some point.

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Hope papers are wrong , in a copy I seen today they have the 6 as

Sandy Stewart, Jim McIntyre, Martin Canning, Peter Houston , John Hughes and Darren Young 

Sandy Stewart and Peter Houston are the only ones on that list that would inspire any sort of confidence, the others are either complete failures or part of the lower league merry go round...........

Hope papers are wrong , in a copy I seen today they have the 6 as
Sandy Stewart, Jim McIntyre, Martin Canning, Peter Houston , John Hughes and Darren Young 

That’s just the same 6 favourites they posted when McCall left. Either they managed to predict it weeks ago or they’re just peddling the same rumours over and over again.

If it is indeed between those 6 it’s got to be Houston or Stewart. Preferably Houston with Stewart staying on.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d also add Darren Young strikes me as a good up and coming manager but maybe too much of a risk in this situation. I wouldn’t completely write him off.

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
Albion Rovers June 2014 May 2017 124 49 29 46 39.52
East Fife June 2017 present 104 38 19 47 36.54
Total 228 87 48 93 38.1

Not exactly an inspiring record !!!

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
Albion Rovers June 2014 May 2017 124 49 29 46 39.52
East Fife June 2017 present 104 38 19 47 36.54
Total 228 87 48 93 38.1

Not exactly an inspiring record !!!

That’s decent for Albion Rovers considering two of the seasons were spent in League 1. His East Fife record a bit less so - granted - although they’re doing fairly well just now.

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

That’s decent for Albion Rovers considering two of the seasons were spent in League 1. His East Fife record a bit less so - granted - although they’re doing fairly well just now.

We are currently top of the Championship though and I don't think his record in any way whatsoever merits a step up from a part time mid table League 1 side to a Full time side top of the league above as I don't believe his teams are "over achieving" at all.

On the other hand it could easily be argued that Dick Campbell is doing the best job currently with what he has at his disposal and even Peter Grant is getting a decent tune out of his players.

Who knows though, some Managers do well at some clubs and fail miserably at others, similar to players, so there really is no exact science to it all.

Ultimately it will come down to the money on offer and who Cameron thinks he'll be able to work with I suppose.........

We are currently top of the Championship though and I don't think his record in any way whatsoever merits a step up from a part time mid table League 1 side to a Full time side top of the league above as I don't believe his teams are "over achieving" at all.
On the other hand it could easily be argued that Dick Campbell is doing the best job currently with what he has at his disposal and even Peter Grant is getting a decent tune out of his players.
Who knows though, some Managers do well at some clubs and fail miserably at others, similar to players, so there really is no exact science to it all.
Ultimately it will come down to the money on offer and who Cameron thinks he'll be able to work with I suppose.........

His Albion Rovers side absolutely over achieved.

He’s got a good East Fife side this season in fairness but it’s he’s still doing better than most would’ve thought by sitting 2nd. Plus no one would’ve expected them to beat Dundee United this season and take Hearts to penalties and beat them.