Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

I'd have thought tonight was an indication of why the Ayr job should be attractive to more than Canning and McIntyre. Three players turn out for the Under 21s and a guy who turned his career round at Ayr and left us less than 6 months ago makes his full Scotland debut. There's very few jobs where you get to work with that quality day in day out. Add in Forrest, McCowan and Houston who's an Under 19 international and the level of player currenly at Ayr is possibly the best it's been since Ally's first stint.

22 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I'd have thought tonight was an indication of why the Ayr job should be attractive to more than Canning and McIntyre. Three players turn out for the Under 21s and a guy who turned his career round at Ayr and left us less than 6 months ago makes his full Scotland debut. There's very few jobs where you get to work with that quality day in day out. Add in Forrest, McCowan and Houston who's an Under 19 international and the level of player currenly at Ayr is possibly the best it's been since Ally's first stint.

From your lips to the owner's ears. I don't envy his job in appointing a new manager.

27 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

But still nowhere near the level of England's third tier apparently.

😉😉😂😂

Edited by BukyOHare

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

He'll look back fondly at his time at Largs when he did his coaching badges had a holiday romance with what's now big Senga from West Kilbride, and decide that McCall leaving is destiny calling.

This is obviously assuming McCall has mentioned him favourably to the board as a possible replacement.

Oh jeez yes I forgot about that Largs connection! Taught him all he knows there so in return he is doing his good deed for Ayrshire’s finest. I can see this being back page of the Ayrshire Post next week 😂

6 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

9c74c64e-6c3f-45c5-bf2d-d92f2ca76697.jpg.7fc961734caf26d24ebafddc3b3870df.jpg

Get back in your box.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, BukyOHare said:
But still nowhere near the level of England's third tier apparently.
emoji6.pngemoji6.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Are you suggesting our league is a higher quality than England's League 1?

Yes. 

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

I'm beginning to get impatient with the lack of people linked with the job apart from McIntyre and Canning.

In fairness, did Ian McCall’s appointment not come a bit out the blue? Billy Stark looked a stick on for the job. 

In fairness, did Ian McCall’s appointment not come a bit out the blue? Billy Stark looked a stick on for the job. 

Aye I’m sure the AP had a big feature saying Stark had been all but announced.

You can say all you like about Canning and McIntyre but it’s a far cry from guys like Stark and Calderwood being favourites. I’m hopeful that there’s a couple other guys that are in with a shout.