Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

They've lost fewer games since he was appointed than any team in the English leagues except Man City & Liverpool. It's crazy they moved on at this stage.

0% chance Ayr can pay what he'd want.

When the away fans at Sunderland are on your case you're in big trouble.

They've lost fewer games since he was appointed than any team in the English leagues except Man City & Liverpool. It's crazy they moved on at this stage.
0% chance Ayr can pay what he'd want.
He took time to turn St Mirren around as I recall. He was never going to get that much time down there. The longer Sunderland fail the better tbh. It'll make the next season of Sunderland 'til I Die even better, seeing their idiot fans foaming at the mouth again.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Jimmy MacIntyre and Martin Canning appear to be the front runners according to the AP. 

That's horrendous, just horrendous.

I dont know who you should hire, tbh, but I'd be fairly certain it shouldn't be any of Yogi Hughes, Canning or McIntyre. 

I don’t even get why McIntyre wants it? He was so reliant on his chairman’s cash at Ross County and he won’t get a fraction of that with us.

At least Canning has a history of working within a tight budget although he’s not exactly an inspiring appointment.

"A strong emphasis will be placed on developing the club’s promising Academy talent, the Post understands"
So basically the new manager is going to get feck all money.

Every club put something like that in when looking for a new manager.

Both those names give me the fear of us ending back up in league 1 in a couple of years after everyone leaves in the summer and we sign a load of jobbers nobody has heard of. 

Anyone reckon Neil Lennon is going to phone up Cameron again and tell him we should get Jack Ross, cause lets be honest the last time we were all set for Billy Stark before Lennon phoned.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's horrendous, just horrendous.

I dont know who you should hire, tbh, but I'd be fairly certain it shouldn't be any of Yogi Hughes, Canning or McIntyre. 

That list doesn’t seem too bad when you look at other championship clubs and their recent managerial appointments tbf

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

To be honest it would be absolutely brilliant chat if McIntyre took it and pipped both Dundee and Dundee United to the title. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

To be honest it would be absolutely brilliant chat if McIntyre took it and pipped both Dundee and Dundee United to the title. 

Funnily I had the idea of Canning, finally, relegating Hamilton by beating them in the play offs.

We both know neither would be even close to successful though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

So a prized asset in Shankland going to Sunderland was a possibility but getting a manager shown the door by the same team is definitely not possible?

This logic doesn't make any sense. A club being interested in signing one of your players doesn't mean their (ex-)manager is interested in joining you.

Jordan Jones left us for Rangers in the summer but that doesn't mean Steven Gerrard will be interested in the Killie job any time soon.

People saying Jack Ross wasn’t given enough time are loonies. He has been there well over a season and failed at what was asked of him. The fawning over him is embarrassing.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Stewart.