Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

I think Yogi gets a bad rap tbh. 
Spoiler

I still wouldn't appoint him though.

I would agree with this.

I don't want him but the slagging he gets is often due to the way he comes across on the radio. If he keeps the boys together and continues the form then I couldn't care less how he speaks.

That spell with Raith which also gives me the fear, hopefully Cameron doesn't just see that as a blip and think he was a wonder manager for the rest of his career. 

Also if we appoint Martin Canning we'll be the laughing stock of Scotland imo.

Peter Houston is the man for me with Kerr getting a player/coach role and Stewart staying as assistant.

Edited by rb123!

I thought the level of performance was fairly high on Saturday, finishing aside, Inverness had 3 shots on target and two went in, we had 7. That result could and probably would have happened had any previous manager been in the dug-out. 

The thing about the game, We were playing reasonably well but only had forwards on the bench, McCall would have taken off Moffat and brought on Doolan, Stewart took off Geggan and went 424/442 with Forrest and McCowan out wide to try and change the shape slightly. Didn't work but it was a positive adjustment I don't think McCall would have made. 

I'm not against Stewart getting the job full time, my only concern is the amount of time he has been a coach and not a manager and I can't think of too many instances where that has worked. 

If Stewart applies for it and Coyle applies for it, I would immediately bin Coyles CV, what kind of snake would do that to his number two for all these years.   

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If Stewart applies for it and Coyle applies for it, I would immediately bin Coyles CV, what kind of snake would do that to his number two for all these years.   

Speaking of snakes, I wonder if King Snake applied?

Owen Coyle was in A Shot At Glory (alongside McCall) and is therefore, along with everyone else who was in A Shot At Glory with the exception of Ally McCoist, acceptable.

Would also take: Didier Agathe, Robert Duvall, Brian Cox, Kirsty Mitchell, Michael Keaton.

Edited by Thumper

Owen Coyle was in A Shot At Glory (alongside McCall) and is therefore, along with everyone else who was in A Shot At Glory with the exception of Ally McCoist, acceptable.
Would also take: Didier Agathe, Robert Duvall, Brian Cox, Kirsty Mitchell, Michael Keaton.
I'll send my CV in right away in that case.

Get a grip lads, Jack Ross isn’t coming to Ayr.  He’ll have a short break in the sun, and by the time he gets back there could well be vacancies at Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.  That’s assuming he’s not on gardening leave for a year or two.

Get a grip lads, Jack Ross isn’t coming to Ayr.  He’ll have a short break in the sun, and by the time he gets back there could well be vacancies at Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.  That’s assuming he’s not on gardening leave for a year or two.
100% 18 months pay off so he will back up the road and wait very very unlucky he would go to hearts left there in 2014 under a cloud . Hibs a yes 100%

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

So a prized asset in Shankland going to Sunderland was a possibility but getting a manager shown the door by the same team is definitely not possible?

The club would be crazy not to make some enquiries, especially with Lachlan over to conduct interviews this week.

He knocks us back, fair enough, but you still ask the question. Not to do so would be a huge failing on the club's part. As I said earlier in the thread, timing plays a huge part in managerial appointments.

Played abysmal football at Sunderland.
Thats a bit harsh go them into a final and the play off final.yes lost both by fine margins . wait and see if the next manager can do any better . didn't give him enough time down there sad . but he will get a top flight job up here to probs first manager to go he will get it

33 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
48 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Played abysmal football at Sunderland.

Thats a bit harsh go them into a final and the play off final.yes lost both by fine margins . wait and see if the next manager can do any better . didn't give him enough time down there sad . but he will get a top flight job up here to probs first manager to go he will get it

I'm not judging what he could do up here but he was abysmal down there, had the budget but played turgid football, Shankland would maybe have forced his hand but Black Cat fans would tell you that he was safety 1st.

I thought he was the next big thing and a great appointment for Sunderland, sadly it wasn't to be.

They've lost fewer games since he was appointed than any team in the English leagues except Man City & Liverpool. It's crazy they moved on at this stage.

0% chance Ayr can pay what he'd want.

They've lost fewer games since he was appointed than any team in the English leagues except Man City & Liverpool. It's crazy they moved on at this stage.
0% chance Ayr can pay what he'd want.
I thought they would have given him till end of season . but the fans got him the sack IMO . he will get a club no probs