Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

John Robertson lives in fucking Inverness and doesn't want to move away from fucking Inverness. He's only said this about forty thousand times on the radio in the last fifteen years. Inverness is quite far from Somerset Park.  I think it's fair to say that unless there is a significant reorganisation of the continental shelf that remarkably leaves Ayr and Inverness a couple of hundred miles closer together without destroying them in the process, John Robertson is unlikely to become the manager of Ayr United Football Club.

John Robertson lives in fucking Inverness and doesn't want to move away from fucking Inverness. He's only said this about forty thousand times on the radio in the last fifteen years. Inverness is quite far from Somerset Park.  I think it's fair to say that unless there is a significant reorganisation of the continental shelf that remarkably leaves Ayr and Inverness a couple of hundred miles closer together without destroying them in the process, John Robertson is unlikely to become the manager of Ayr United Football Club.

You alright thumper?

PM me X

So you’re saying there’s still a chance?

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I must admit I don't really get the Martin Canning dislike which I have seen from a good number of people (Hamilton Accies fans included). While he wouldn't be my first choice he did continually keep Hamilton in the premiership on probably the lowest budget.

I agree. Hamilton is a difficult job and he was thrown in at the deep end as a rookie manager. Will have picked up some decent experience at a level above plus should have good contacts in the game. Working at a club with a track record of bringing through and blending in youth players might work well for us  

56 minutes ago, Thumper said:

You've turned into a big ball of rage recently Thumper. Have a couple of pints,

Canning is the only one on the list that has attended Alloa, Arbroath and Inverness game as far as I am aware , McIntyre was at Dunfermline game on Saturday , think he goes to games where a managers jacket is on a shoogly peg ,don’t take that too much into account , he tended to attend all Ayr home games when Hamilton were not playing I understand he is scouting for some team at  the moment 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Canning is the only one on the list that has attended Alloa, Arbroath and Inverness game as far as I am aware , McIntyre was at Dunfermline game on Saturday , think he goes to games where a managers jacket is on a shoogly peg ,don’t take that too much into account , he tended to attend all Ayr home games when Hamilton were not playing I understand he is scouting for some team at  the moment 

Whilst Canning wouldn’t have been 1st choice as soon as I heard McCall had left, fair play to him for coming to the games. He’s at least “showing keen” and will be able to talk a good game about it in his interview

I don’t think Cameron will appoint Canning. I can see him going for a more experienced manager which is equally as worrying as I can’t shake the idea that John Hughes will get himself an interview.

I don’t think Cameron will appoint Canning. I can see him going for a more experienced manager which is equally as worrying as I can’t shake the idea that John Hughes will get himself an interview.
I'm sure he's one of the ones McCall recommended

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
30 minutes ago, D said:

Why are we even entertaining McCall's recommendations? The board should have enough about them to have their own ideas about his successor.

I'm actually coming round to the idea of Canning, assuming we can't get John Robertson.....😛😛

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Totally agree. The idea of Yogi being the new manager gives me the absolute fear.

No surprise really. With Jim Duffy already in a job he just needs to get Yogi and Peter Houston a gig and all his wee pals are back in business.

Hughes would likely keep things going this season but he’d inevitably rip it all up in the summer and try to build his own team which has always ended in disaster.

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not sure Cameron would appoint any experienced manager who is a big character plus potentially  cause him grief if not getting their own way. Whilst McCall got on really well with him I’m not sure he’s as easy going as made out.  Hughes has done some good work but is well known for dividing a dressing room so might go against him

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I must admit I don't really get the Martin Canning dislike which I have seen from a good number of people (Hamilton Accies fans included). While he wouldn't be my first choice he did continually keep Hamilton in the premiership on probably the lowest budget.

This would be more impressive if he hadn’t averaged about 27 points per season.

If you’re making an argument for Canning it would be that he’s used to working at a club with limited resources, bringing through youth players and he probably wouldn’t disrupt things too much.

I don’t think he’s the worst shout out of the lot but it is a bit concerning that Hamilton fans almost universally wanted him sacked.