Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Agree, Sandy should get the next few games.

However, I can understand the clamour to appoint him after today. We were absolutely sensational.

The guys all know their jobs and most of them have played together long enough to know how to work and speak with each other. What we DON'T need, is someone with a big ego coming in and wanting to stamp his mark on the team by ripping up our successful template.

Continuity is imperative as far as I'm concerned................

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The guys all know their jobs and most of them have played together long enough to know how to work and speak with each other. What we DON'T need, is someone with a big ego coming in and wanting to stamp his mark on the team by ripping up our successful template.

Continuity is imperative as far as I'm concerned................

Continuity is important.

However, there is no point appointing someone who isnt up to it for the sake of continuity. Thats why the clubs approach is correct, give Sandy a run of games and if he performs the job is his. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Continuity is important.

However, there is no point appointing someone who isnt up to it for the sake of continuity. Thats why the clubs approach is correct, give Sandy a run of games and if he performs the job is his. 

It just worries me that we could end up with the likes of fat sally who would be swooping on cove rangers in january for the likes of Fraser Aird etc.

Out the window with the slick passing game and a horrific return to the joys of hoofball............

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It just worries me that we could end up with the likes of fat sally who would be swooping on cove rangers in january for the likes of Fraser Aird etc.

Out the window with the slick passing game and a horrific return to the joys of hoofball............

Don't think for a minute that Sandy Stewart will have no other offers ......................... The vultures are circling . Up until today the only question was ,will the player show him respect and play for him . Put a full stop after that ............................................. We don't have the money to waste on a big time Charlie and /or a direction change . We have it all in house . A couple of signings and a tweek in the winter and were shooty in . The big chance is right in front of us .... Lets do something crazy and very un Ayr United and just grab it and see where it takes us ...

Don't think for a minute that Sandy Stewart will have no other offers ......................... The vultures are circling . Up until today the only question was ,will the player show him respect and play for him . Put a full stop after that ............................................. We don't have the money to waste on a big time Charlie and /or a direction change . We have it all in house . A couple of signings and a tweek in the winter and were shooty in . The big chance is right in front of us .... Lets do something crazy and very un Ayr United and just grab it and see where it takes us ...

No one else is appointing Stewart as manager.

Be very careful . Which of the managers on the recently sacked list do you fancy .. Sandy may have been hugely involved in the signing targets . Some may say he pestered McCall into signing LS ... WE HAVE IT ALL IN HOUSE RIGHT NOW  . Circle the waggons ...................

If SS was so crucial to McCall’s success why would he take Scally and not Stewart with him to Thistle?

Ayr apparently been inundated with applications so time will tell what happens, when asked the other day Stewart never said straight up 'no' he wasn't interested, at the same time he never said he was interested. If he did get offered it i think he'd maybe want reassurances about money in January and also what the short term plan is for the club with regards to contract extensions for the likes of Forrest, Harvie and McCowan etc. Even though he's a good coach i don't know how many contacts he'll have in the game with regards to transfers etc.

Certainly believe Stewart has to stay in some form of capacity, even if it was as assistant to Owen Coyle.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ayr apparently been inundated with applications so time will tell what happens, when asked the other day Stewart never said straight up 'no' he wasn't interested, at the same time he never said he was interested. If he did get offered it i think he'd maybe want reassurances about money in January and also what the short term plan is for the club with regards to contract extensions for the likes of Forrest, Harvie and McCowan etc. Even though he's a good coach i don't know how many contacts he'll have in the game with regards to transfers etc.

Certainly believe Stewart has to stay in some form of capacity, even if it was as assistant to Owen Coyle.

CONTACTS ?   The ex first team coach of Ross County , Wigan, Blackburn , Bolton, Burnley  . The ex manager of St Johnstone ......

For me SS is in pole position, no idea what he's like as far as managing is concerned.

If we're taking anyone from outside then a history of playing our style, nurturing youngsters and dealing in the loan market are imperative.

Tell anyone that wants to dismantle the team due to their ego to gtf.

That would whittle it down to 2 or 3 candidates max.

Edited by ayrmad

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m sorry but I could’ve gone into the game today as the manager picked the same team and told the boys. “Right Guys same as last week please”. I’m being flippant but let’s settle down with the Sandy Stewart is a genius stuff.

But you have zero idea what SS has done in the last year or so . But your are of course entitled to your opinion ..

If you look at what happened at Celtic last year then there’s reason to worry even if a new manager undertakes to maintain the style of play. Neil Lennon ran Brendan Rodgers’ team the way Rodgers had been running it to the end of the season then changed everything around for the new campaign. Of course that’s what would have to happen. You can’t hire a guy and tell him how to run the team. How do you assess his work if you’ve tied one hand behind his back? If they want to maintain the style then they need to hire someone who believes in it. 

If you look at what happened at Celtic last year then there’s reason to worry even if a new manager undertakes to maintain the style of play. Neil Lennon ran Brendan Rodgers’ team the way Rodgers had been running it to the end of the season then changed everything around for the new campaign. Of course that’s what would have to happen. You can’t hire a guy and tell him how to run the team. How do you assess his work if you’ve tied one hand behind his back? If they want to maintain the style then they need to hire someone who believes in it. 

You have 2 options.

1. You give it to SS and let him keep things rolling on until the end of the season where you find out if he can recruit well etc.

2. You hire a different manager and accept you might lose SS and go down a completely different path. We’ll likely fall away as a new style of play is implemented but we see how the new guy does over the summer and beyond.

At the moment I’m at option 1.

50 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Mark Roberts is a stick on for the job. Sandy Stewart as his number two and the two ex Killie’s will do well.

Have I not told you already - gettae ffs!

As for another Killie scum (Fat Sally), that useless p***k is too busy on the swallie. And besides, he's a c***.

Edited by Jazzar