Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

The club have only just tonight opened the job to applications. Anyone getting "linked" at this stage will only be because they've either a) got some of their media chums to talk them up or b) Dave from Prestwick has chucked £20 quid on them at McBookie.

He'd probably want Billy Dodds as assistant i'd presume, those two would cost more than McCall and Scally have i'm pretty sure, also interesting McIntyre was at the game on Saturday, bit of a coincidence.

On a more positive note though to the last 24hrs, i think this in itself proves how much as a club we've improved, i mean Jim McIntyre who managed a club to winning the Scottish Cup only 3 and a half years ago and he now wants to come and manage Ayr United. Call me a McCall lover if you want but well done to Ian for turning us into a club that is attractive to managers of that caliber. 

I know Dundee was a disaster for McIntyre but he incorporated a mess and as it turns out the mess still hasn't been sorted at Dundee when they've dropped down a league.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know he completely fucked it in his last season at Dumbarton but I'm surprised he's not been mentioned before now. I wanted him to replace Mark Roberts. 

Seems  to have been drinking from the same tap as Yogi and gone a bit mad as of late

Preferred and entirely unrealistic candidates:
Dick Campbell

Good candidates:
Sandy Stewart
Darren Young

Acceptable candidates:
Peter Murphy
Owen Coyle

Get them so far to f**k candidates:
Stevie Aitken
Yogi
Jim McIntyre
Derek Adams
Jim Duffy
Anything other media darlings who’s pals will push them into the limelight

Preferred and entirely unrealistic candidates:
Dick Campbell

Good candidates:
Sandy Stewart
Darren Young

Acceptable candidates:
Peter Murphy
Owen Coyle

Get them so far to f**k candidates:
Stevie Aitken
Yogi
Jim McIntyre
Derek Adams
Jim Duffy
Anything other media darlings who’s pals will push them into the limelight

Would you add Stephen Craigan

To the good candidates?

^A good summary from D'Jaffo there. 

Only two tweaks, I'm not sure Dick 'Stone Cold' Campbell is the answer but he would be top bantz.

I actually think Yogi gets a hard rap too, he lost the plot at Raith but there is a decent manager in there. That said, I don't think he is right for it.

Edited by Trogdor