Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

Peter Houston could actually be a very good shout, Sandy Stewart Assistant, Houston very proven at this level with his years at Falkirk when he punched them above their weight in the championship while it had the like of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the league.

He would be my number 1 candidate.

New manager should be in on or before October 21st.

Gives SS the remainder of the first quarter to show what he can do which I don’t see as a bad thing.
I think it suggests they're not going to rush into appointing some dafty. Plenty of time to receive applications and make a proper decision. And as you said, gives SS a great opportunity.

Can't remember how long it was from when Roberts left to the hiring of McCall?

I think it suggests they're not going to rush into appointing some dafty. Plenty of time to receive applications and make a proper decision. And as you said, gives SS a great opportunity.

Can't remember how long it was from when Roberts left to the hiring of McCall?

IIRC Roberts was sacked in December and McCall was appointed early January.

Andy Millen only had a couple of games in charge I think.

Cameron is supposed to be doing a Q&A on the SRE after the board meeting which was at 4, if it still happens it'll descend into a clusterfuck.

He absolutely shouldn't be doing these social media Q&As! They make us look totally tin-pot. It's unprofessional.

Yeah it's great to have communication from the owner, but not on a Facebook page. It should be AU Media doing a video interview (via Skype), or a podcast, with questions sent in from the fans.

He really does open himself up to it on there, so many illiterate troglodytes about to mash their keyboards with "no ambition" and "why did we even give them permission, look at clyde blah blah" patter.

Having slept on it, incidentally, the more I think McCall was probably aiming for this move - especially after his comments after we lost to Caley in the play-offs. Might explain the rolling contract; there's not anything you can really do to stop someone leaving. Like any job, really.

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

With Leveins team yes.

But he did well with Falkirk. Cup final and IIRC finished above Hibernian in the league.

In fairness a large number of United fans, myself included, argue that although our cup winning team was put together by Levein, they played actually better under Houston once Levein took the Scotland job. Houston also did a great job with us in the 2011/12 season after a lot of the cup winning team - such as Gomis, Conway, Buaben and Goodwillie - left in the summer. After a tough first couple of months the rebuilt team really clicked in the second half of that year and we were great to watch at times  (that was the season we signed GMS). It's actually one of my favourite United seasons of the decade or so I had a season ticket for.

That said, his business the following year was pretty poor and we failed to build on the base of a fairly promising and stable squad, blowing the opportunity to be up competing for 2nd place in the first year without Rangers.

Anyway he's only been in assistant manager roles since early 2018, so I wonder if it's a case of him not being interested in being the main man anymore since he got binned from Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Looks like if he performs and wants it then Sandy Stewart has the job. 

I actually think this is the correct call from the club it lets us see if Sandy is up to it and assess the quality of applications. Some of them give me the heebie jeebies.

However, he will be short handed in the interim without a full coaching team.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Cameron is supposed to be doing a Q&A on the SRE after the board meeting which was at 4, if it still happens it'll descend into a clusterfuck.

Well safe to say i was correct about this, so far i've seen him say to people they don't know what they're talking about, he'll stick a billboard up in the town with Jamie Garret on it for the AU500 which will scare the shit out of children, called out fans having a go at him and also apparently they are no assurances that our loan players couldn't leave in January to go to Thistle. 

I actually think this is the correct call from the club it lets us see if Sandy is up to it and assess the quality of applications. Some of them give me the heebie jeebies.
However, he will be short handed in the interim without a full coaching team.

He’s bringing in a coach in the next day or two.

Well safe to say i was correct about this, so far i've seen him say to people they don't know what they're talking about, he'll stick a billboard up in the town with Jamie Garret on it for the AU500 which will scare the shit out of children, called out fans having a go at him and also apparently they are no assurances that our loan players couldn't leave in January to go to Thistle. 

The thing about loan players can’t be helped. However it will be between the parent club and Ayr. There’s always a recall option written into these deals.

That Q& A on a Facebook page is tinpot as  it gets .Why he does it who knows .

Embarrassing 

I'm not going to bother reading it. Absolute cringe fest. People sucking up to Lachlan then crying when they don't get the answer they want. Yeah he lives thousands of miles away but surely he realises that a social media Q&A is not the best way to do things... I'm certain that no other football club in Scotland interacts with fans like that.