Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Confused as to why he’s done it. He now needs to get thistle into the playoffs with a terrible squad and an uncertain financial future.

I'm honestly not sure that will be the target. Publicly maybe, but not privately. 3 year deal would suggest to me that we're comfortable letting him build a team in this division.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Confused as to why he’s done it. He now needs to get thistle into the playoffs with a terrible squad and an uncertain financial future.

It's only one place up, I think he can do it. 

Move fast to appoint someone or see how it plays out with Stewart &  Kerr. Tough call, don't really want to be taking someone else's manager at this stage of the season as it's a pretty scummy move, but the out of work minters who will be salivating over their CV at the moment fills me with dread.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I don’t think we’ll be going up this season. A tilt at the playoffs would be nice though. However that all depends if he can get a decent first eleven together out of the ‘ terrible squad’. 

Weve got plenty cash in the bank. Uncertainty over future ownership but that doesn’t mean we will be any worse off.

iI can’t work out if this means the takeover is going ahead or has fallen through. McCall would surely have asked for some confirmation on that score?

Employed
Peter Murphy? Darren Young? Ian Murray? Jim Duffy?
Unemployed
John Hughes? Jim McIntyre? 
Leftfield
Tommy Sloan? Mark Kerr? Chris Higgins?

I believe Ian Murray has just signed a new deal and whilst I’d welcome Peter Murphy, I’d be devastated if it didn’t work out.

I think if Archibald doesn’t follow McCall to Thistle he’ll be our next manager.

I’ve also got a feeling we could see the end of Cameron’s ownership sooner rather than later.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Employed

Unemployed

Leftfield

No. No. No. No.

No. No.

No. No. No.

Just my initial thoughts. Murray, Duffy, Hughes, McIntyre have all been sacked for being terrible at this level. The others haven't been tried, which was the mistake we made with our previous ten managers.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Employed

Unemployed

Leftfield

Danny Lennon gets a good reaction here 😇

McCall did well for us but was a deeply flawed manager during his time, long periods in all but one season of terrible form, constant injury crisis but always managed to sign well enough to counter his faults.  I think we can do better, is better available just now though?