Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

Can't pretend I know much about Ian McCall's situation, but to me this is mental, going from an Ayr side that is playing (not meant to be insulting) way above expectations to a dismal Partick side. I personally don't get it.

Anyway, enough with that, better start the 'Jim McIntyre's available' patter...

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Avoid applicants with initials GC. Thank you. 

Anyway, Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds. We’ll send you Joe Cardle in January!

you left out Martin Woods.

Mentioned in the Ayr thread but (assuming he's not our assistant?) I think McCall might recommend Archibald as his replacement. As mentioned in the Ayr thread, Alan Archibald is not John Hughes, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

you left out Martin Woods.

Mentioned in the Ayr thread but (assuming he's not our assistant?) I think McCall might recommend Archibald as his replacement. As mentioned in the Ayr thread, Alan Archibald is not John Hughes, so there's that.

Archie is coming home too apparently.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Can't pretend I know much about Ian McCall's situation, but to me this is mental, going from an Ayr side that is playing (not meant to be insulting) way above expectations to a dismal Partick side. I personally don't get it.

Anyway, enough with that, better start the 'Jim McIntyre's available' patter...

We offer better kale and quinoa quiche.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

McCall just chucked his career in the bin for an extra grand a week.

not really. Short term he needs to get us grafting out a few results until January at which point he'll be able to get at least a couple of players in (maybe more if we get rid of a couple too). Won't be easy but if he thought we were a lost cause he'd not have taken the job.

While the squad is a long way from being at the sort of County/Livi standard when they went up, he's not going to be expected to fix this mess immediately and I think most Thistle fans will recognise that, so he'll get a bit of time to play with.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely