Arbroath vs Ayr

10 minutes ago, aldo said:

Glad to hear Leigh Griffiths isn't signing for us?

Or just that he was having a rare old day at Pleasureland? 

Glad to hear that we’re not going to listen to months of speculation about him joining us. I just find it surprising he was anywhere near Arbroath when his current team were playing his boyhood team 

Arbroath have been outstanding this season - the players and management were always going to have a bad day, so really can't complain, since the start of the season they have been punching well above their weight.

The player's don't like losing games and will be annoyed they were off - form and not up to their usual standards - but thats football.

Sure the player's will regroup and be ready to make amends next week - they will all know they under performed - but they have been exceptional this season, so perhaps a bad day in the office was coming.

I'm fine with folk coming up to away fans with charity buckets, but "Arbroath Fireworks Fund"??

Ah so that’s what it was.

I had a couple pounds change from paying my way in and just gave it to them without really paying attention.

Have a firework on me.

A very disappointing result considering the start to the season ; and if anyone was getting carried away about the start to the season, then yesterday was the wake up call. A bad day at the office? Or the Championship catching up with us? I don't know and I won't be at Gayfield until November for the Caley game - so I'm hoping it was just a wee blip.

Anyhoos, on wards to next week and well done Ayr - going by the wee highlight package, a comprehensive and deserved win. And again from the 10 minutes, look the best side we've played this season by a country mile.

Let's see how next week goes.

Great result yesterday. Similar to last week on how we played. Great football, very enjoyable to watch. 
Decent day out aswell. Tutties Neuk has got to be up their with one of my favourite pubs! Enjoyed listening to Dick Campbell been interviewed, straight up and honest!

I’m curious Bristol Rovers, why?

Well done to Ayr yesterday they were absolutely fantastic, best team we have played this season by a country mile, All the best for the rest of the season, That was unfortunately the worst we have been in the championship so far and possibly for a few seasons which made it even more hard to take, IMO it was a bad day at the office by everyone and I am absolutely positive we will bounce back, you could see how much we missed Goldie the day aswell, DC has to take his responsibly too not just the players  as he set the team up wrong and his tactics and subs were terrible today. When I think about the goals that should have stood against Qots and Partick and if we had held up against united and not gifted Inverness a win up there then we would have had an extra 8 points (double what we are on)  and sitting right up there with Ayr and united, it’s the fine margins though in this tough championship, just a bad day at the office and a reality check today.

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m curious Bristol Rovers, why?

So basically Bristol Rovers played Ayr United in a friendly at Somerset in 2003. Obviously over the years we played loads of English teams in friendlies but I liked something about Bristol Rovers. Kept in contact with a few of their fans. They were playing the next month at Carlisle so went to that game. Then the love affair started from there. Get down and watch them as much as possible. Mainly in the North of England. Rather than get a flag for each team, I ended up getting both teams on it. I respect that it might not be for everyone but it definitely stands out and leads to some interesting conversations. Even better when I'm down in England. They love it!

Edited by twoclubsoneheart

So basically Bristol Rovers played Ayr United in a friendly at Somerset in 2003. Obviously over the years we played loads of English teams in friendlies but I liked something about Bristol Rovers. Kept in contact with a few of their fans. They were playing the next month at Carlisle so went to that game. Then the love affair started from there. Get down and watch them as much as possible. Mainly in the North of England. Rather than get a flag for each team, I ended up getting both teams on it. I respect that it might not be for everyone but it definitely stands out and leads to some interesting conversations. Even better when I'm down in England. They love it!

I remember that friendly, they played us of the park if memory serves me right. Did it finish 3-0 or something

Well done to Ayr yesterday they were absolutely fantastic, best team we have played this season by a country mile, All the best for the rest of the season, That was unfortunately the worst we have been in the championship so far and possibly for a few seasons which made it even more hard to take, IMO it was a bad day at the office by everyone and I am absolutely positive we will bounce back, you could see how much we missed Goldie the day aswell, DC has to take his responsibly too not just the players  as he set the team up wrong and his tactics and subs were terrible today. When I think about the goals that should have stood against Qots and Partick and if we had held up against united and not gifted Inverness a win up there then we would have had an extra 8 points (double what we are on)  and sitting right up there with Ayr and united, it’s the fine margins though in this tough championship, just a bad day at the office and a reality check today.

Aye not capitalising when on top against Partick and then not holding on at Tannadice is tough to take. Picking up 3 points buys you a couple of games again but when you don't and the hard fixtures keep piling up it shows how much tougher this league is compared to the 1 below. Dundee away next will not be easy.

Looks like Morton, Qots and Alloa are the extremely important games for us they'll be in and around the bottom you'd imagine

I like Campbell but Gold is technically a lot better I think plus from what I've seen more disciplined and knows when to push and to drop. Whatley and Murphy were all over the place on Saturday

Ayr were very good though and that's part of it. But we really didn't help ourselves and it's the worst I've seen in a few years too I think. Bad day

Anyway on to next one...

Aye not capitalising when on top against Partick and then not holding on at Tannadice is tough to take. Picking up 3 points buys you a couple of games again but when you don't and the hard fixtures keep piling up it shows how much tougher this league is compared to the 1 below. Dundee away next will not be easy.

Looks like Morton, Qots and Alloa are the extremely important games for us they'll be in and around the bottom you'd imagine

I like Campbell but Gold is technically a lot better I think plus from what I've seen more disciplined and knows when to push and to drop. Whatley and Murphy were all over the place on Saturday

Ayr were very good though and that's part of it. But we really didn't help ourselves and it's the worst I've seen in a few years too I think. Bad day

Anyway on to next one...
Part of the trick in this league (or any league) is getting teams at the right time.

You've walked into Ayr when we're playing Harlem Globetrotters stuff but no doubt that'll pass (although hopefully not for a while).

Similar for ict at the weekend, getting Thistle with McCall and the new manager bounce rather than Caldwell.