Arbroath vs Ayr

Can we not just recognise we were up against a good side today, with a few players on top of their game. The O'brien v Moffat duel was good to watch, Tam eventually got the better of him but after the damage was done.
Even though we were beaten it was a good game to watch, particularly the first half. A real test for our guys.

1 minute ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

What was the celebration from Forrest people have mentioned?

He pulled his top up to reveal a vest underneath that read "GTF McCall" quite apt I felt.

Spoiler

Only kidding, I have no idea

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

How did Jordan Houston do if Kerr is out for any length of time I'm assuming Geggan will be moving to midfield and Houston taking over at RB

I thought he played well actually. He dealt with the threat of Linn better than Geggan. It could be an option for us but I prefer Kerr in midfield to Geggan. His passing range is better. I think Kerr is okay btw.

How did Jordan Houston do if Kerr is out for any length of time I'm assuming Geggan will be moving to midfield and Houston taking over at RB

He was fine. Was unlucky not to have an assist when he cut a great ball back for Forrest but the goalie saved it.

Geggan looked just about ok in midfield but he’s obviously nothing like Kerr. He can’t dictate a match and his range of passing isn’t as good either. Hopefully Kerr is fine for next week.

DC not holding back in the post match interview, while acknowledging Ayr were excellent he was not happy with our players application compared with the other games we've played so far in the league and I have to agree with him our pressing of the ball today was pretty much non existent compared with other games. Don't think I would have liked to have been a Arbroath player in the dressing room at full time.

I thought he played well actually. He dealt with the threat of Linn better than Geggan. It could be an option for us but I prefer Kerr in midfield to Geggan. His passing range is better. I think Kerr is okay btw.
"Threat from Linn" , Bobby never threatened all afternoon , not a dig , Ayr were excellent all over the park , made our defence which have been superb the last two and a half seasons , look out of their depth, totally dominated midfield , and defended like a stroll in the park ,although if we had Doris on the pitch instead of big Luke that may have made a difference, but overall Ayr were terrific and well deserved winners .

I just want to comment on the attitude and comments of the Arbroath fans on here. Pure class.

That first half today was sublime from our point of view and in no way fully expected, but was always achievable.

Like many, one of my favourite away days and glad you guys are in this league with us.

Sincerely all the best for the rest the season.

First half - sublime

Second half - foot off the gas

9 minutes ago, unknown1954 said:

"Threat from Linn" , Bobby never threatened all afternoon , not a dig , Ayr were excellent all over the park , made our defence which have been superb the last two and a half seasons , look out of their depth, totally dominated midfield , and defended like a stroll in the park ,although if we had Doris on the pitch instead of big Luke that may have made a difference, but overall Ayr were terrific and well deserved winners .

Sometimes the threat is better than the execution. No offence taken.

DC not holding back in the post match interview, while acknowledging Ayr were excellent he was not happy with our players application compared with the other games we've played so far in the league and I have to agree with him our pressing of the ball today was pretty much non existent compared with other games. Don't think I would have liked to have been a Arbroath player in the dressing room at full time.
All very true , but it would be nice to see Dick take some responsibility at times for team selection and substitutions rather than just blame the players , who for the first six games of the season have been great

All very true , but it would be nice to see Dick take some responsibility at times for team selection and substitutions rather than just blame the players , who for the first six games of the season have been great
Dick Campbell is a legend tells it the way it is, I am sure he will keep you guys up this year.

6 minutes ago, Alimcg said:
25 minutes ago, unknown1954 said:

Dick Campbell is a legend tells it the way it is, I am sure he will keep you guys up this year

Leg-end? Nah, sorry, bell-end is nearer it. Talks tripe mostly and his invading of the pitch at Somerset a couple of seasons ago was an absolute disgrace and set a terrible example to others....even if the ref that provoked it was a disgrace as well. Don't like the man, never have. Sorry, Lichties, but I think you could do better