Arbroath vs Ayr

No complaints about the result, the only positive to take from the game that it was only 3-0. It was all over as a contest in the first half hour, Ayr were far better than us all over the park, so a bit of a wake up call after our good start to the season. It's always going to be a tough match when it looks like the opposition have more players on the pitch than you have and that was the case today. Second half was more of a damage limitation exercise.

I think it's fair to say that playing Donnelly up front on his own is a waste of time at this level. He sure ain't a target man and can't hold the ball up when he does get it. Couldn't believe that he wasn't subbed when the changes were made, although by that time there was no way back into the game for us.

So fair play to Ayr, they are sharing the top spot on merit and it doesn't look like losing their manager has had any effect. Expect to see them in much the same position at the end of the season.

We were phenomal in the first half it could have been 5 or 6. In parallel with last week, second half was all about game management. Forrest, Harvie, Docherty & Kelly outstanding for me.

Hope Kerr's injury wasnt too bad he was standing on the touchline for the rest of the game and seemed fine to me.

Great start for Sandy. McCall who?

18 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

No complaints about the result, the only positive to take from the game that it was only 3-0. It was all over as a contest in the first half hour, Ayr were far better than us all over the park, so a bit of a wake up call after our good start to the season. It's always going to be a tough match when it looks like the opposition have more players on the pitch than you have and that was the case today. Second half was more of a damage limitation exercise.

I think it's fair to say that playing Donnelly up front on his own is a waste of time at this level. He sure ain't a target man and can't hold the ball up when he does get it. Couldn't believe that he wasn't subbed when the changes were made, although by that time there was no way back into the game for us.

So fair play to Ayr, they are sharing the top spot on merit and it doesn't look like losing their manager has had any effect. Expect to see them in much the same position at the end of the season.

Guy's don't beat yourselves up about this game  , we are in the zone just now and playing beyond our A/ game ! Your results this season in general and your performances against DU in particular tell s everyone you are in this division on merit and are a team to be reckoned with . Keep it going and you'll be fine .

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Guy's don't beat yourselves up about this game  , we are in the zone just now and playing beyond our A/ game ! Your results this season in general and your performances against DU in particular tell s everyone you are in this division on merit and are a team to be reckoned with . Keep it going and you'll be fine .

^This

I was surprised at how poor Arbroath were at times. The two centre backs in particular couldn’t deal with Moffat and the quick passing between the front 3. Jason Thomson was ripped to bits by Forrest and Harvie and Bobby Linn couldn’t get anything from Geggan.

They won’t go down though. It might be tight but I’d imagine they’ll finish mid table.

Totally disappointing/ embarrassing today.

question is were we just having an off day or were we just completely exposed by ayr?! IMO everyone played poor, how we picked a motm I'll never know, ball boy deserves it.

The substitutions were mind blowing, we are losing 3-0 what do we have to lose by going two up top? Dick seems determined to "use" these loan players - keeping their clubs happy/ all midfielders happy, didn't work today. I've always trusted in dick but today was wrong. If it's true that goldie swanned off on holiday then he deserved to be benched. Mikeys dive was the cherry on the cake of today for me - shocking. 

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Just a small thing hopefully someone can clear up, why did the ref stop game to allow Kerr to be subbed when Jamieson had the ball?? Wasnt a head knock or that?? Is that another new rule

He did the same when TOB got hit in the nuts when blocking a shot from Moffat.