Arbroath vs Ayr

6-1 to the super.  The conductor doesn't drive the train. 

You joke but I'm pretty sure this happened before in this league

Was only in primary school but my friend from down south visited from Southampton and I'd been telling him all week we were better than Southampton only to take him to Gayf to watch us get beat 6-0 (maybe 6-1) by you's.

ETA: can't seem to find anything on google. Could be completely imagining this

It was Airdrie. 11th August 2001. Arbroath 0-6 Airdrie

You joke but I'm pretty sure this happened before in this league

Was only in primary school but my friend from down south visited from Southampton and I'd been telling him all week we were better than Southampton only to take him to Gayf to watch us get beat 6-0 (maybe 6-1) by you's.

ETA: can't seem to find anything on google. Could be completely imagining this

It was Airdrie. 11th August 2001. Arbroath 0-6 Airdrie

And who was the Airdrie manager that day? [emoji23][emoji23]

We've really nothing to lose here and in some respects it takes the pressure right off us as we can always use the "McCall leaving us in the lurch" as an excuse for a poor performance / defeat.

After the United game I would happily have taken a point from each of Alloa and Arbroath Away, so getting the 3 points last week was a major bonus and really gives us a free hit at this one.

For what it's worth I've been very impressed by Arbroath from what I've seen of them and with or without McCall this was always going to be a very tough game.

I may sound defeatist, however a top 4 finish has always been the realistic target as winning the league is in all honesty a pipe dream and not any sort of reality when up against a team with a budget and squad size of Dundee United over the course of a season..........

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

We've really nothing to lose here and in some respects it takes the pressure right off us as we can always use the "McCall leaving us in the lurch" as an excuse for a poor performance / defeat.

After the United game I would happily have taken a point from each of Alloa and Arbroath Away, so getting the 3 points last week was a major bonus and really gives us a free hit at this one.

For what it's worth I've been very impressed by Arbroath from what I've seen of them and with or without McCall this was always going to be a very tough game.

I may sound defeatist, however a top 4 finish has always been the realistic target as winning the league is in all honesty a pipe dream and not any sort of reality when up against a team with a budget and squad size of Dundee United over the course of a season..........

We have the same size of squad as them, we have 25 with Murdoch out for the season and Kris Doolan not being a fitba player.  They have 23. 

Arbroath away, the best away day! A number of us getting the train up, with plenty of time for pre-match pints at Tutties Nuek! Lets get up there in numbers and let the team know we're fully behind them and not moping about McCall.

Will be interesting to see how Arbroath play. I'm confident though we'll continue our good form, so I'm going for a 3-1 win for The Super. Moff double, and McCowan on the score sheet. Dick Campbell to march onto the pitch at somepoint too. 20pacsp_AyrArbroath_24557547-857x564.jpeg