Scottish Cup Round 2

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Congratulations Auchinleck. I sadly never managed to get down to the game. Heard Cove had more possession, more chances  and Talbot just had the one on target and converted it. Score line that counts. Lovely cross and header I must say.

Wish you well in the next round against Arbroath; a winnable game for you in my eyes.

From the highlights on Youtube I saw that Mitch had 2 chances and so did Aird; the 2nd half one he should have buried. Not convinced we needed to sign Aird, we could have been done with another striker. Mitch would benefit from someone else up top. For me Masson is better than Aird and I hope he doesn't relegated to the bench.

Anyone else agree with my view on Aird and Masson?

It's 2 defeats on the bounce for us. No game this Saturday coming for us so  I might pop down and see Montrose try and secure 4 straight league wins when they play Stranraer.

Look at the chance that we had halfway through the second half when Samson crossed from the right. It went across the goal and Wilson missed it by a whisker, and that was the other best chance either team had. Left back is a problem area for you. 

34 minutes ago, TFW said:

Look at the chance that we had halfway through the second half when Samson crossed from the right. It went across the goal and Wilson missed it by a whisker, and that was the other best chance either team had. Left back is a problem area for you. 

That was a good chance as you say.

Left back is Harry Milne who is a regular in the squad. He’s strong, quick and can make and score goals. Like I say I wasn’t at the game so can’t really comment on how he played but he’s a great defender in my eyes.

I would say the weakness in our defence is in the middle. Blair Yule (former Arbroath) is our right back and he’s a solid defender.

Stand out performers are normally Fyvie, Glass (who was cup tied), Masson (who didn’t start as Aird was favoured).

How did Mitch play?

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

There left back was being touted for full time fitba a few games ago. Opinions eh!

All Talbot's best attacking mkoves came from our man out wide on the right, Samson at start of second half and then Boylan for the goal.

12 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

No

I am. We got a good result down there earlier this season and despite them being two divisions higher, I don't think we have anything to fear, esp if we string a few good results together before then. We've won three games on the trot so hopefully we've had our poor run.

On 20/10/2019 at 12:39, Blackie Gold said:

Fyvie was booked for the same thing a trip when the opposing player broke free. There number three was let off even though his was the worst. Also Talbot put on a spread for them after the game and not one player or official attended. Horrible club.

heard the same thig happened at stenny after cove lost there, they all left right after fulltime