Scottish Cup Round 2

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

Fyvie was booked for the same thing a trip when the opposing player broke free. There number three was let off even though his was the worst. Also Talbot put on a spread for them after the game and not one player or official attended. Horrible club.

Agreed

they don’t feed any opposition teams at Cove despite the distance many clubs travel to get there.

small minded billy big bollocks 

Fyvie was booked for the same thing a trip when the opposing player broke free. There number three was let off even though his was the worst. Also Talbot put on a spread for them after the game and not one player or official attended. Horrible club.

It’s pretty well known that cove take defeat very badly.

Feel sorry for the decent Highland League teams that have put up with their shite over the years. We seen it first hand as well.

I don't wish ill on many clubs other than the gruesome twosome but Cove are up there with them for me. Horrible bunch top to bottom.

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

You were warned. Count yourselves lucky that they never vandalised anything.

Disgusting bunch of big time Charlie's. Hated in the HL and going the same way this season.

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Also Talbot put on a spread for them after the game and not one player or official attended. Horrible club.

Having lived in Aberdeen for a good while, I can see your tinpot faux pas here. 

Nobody's going to collect a freebie takeaway consisting of sandwiches and sausage rolls if it's simply laid out on a table rather than packaged appropriately. The luxury coach gets covered with little bits of grated cheese and pastry if people are expected to carry it all home using just napkins. 

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You were warned. Count yourselves lucky that they never vandalised anything.

Disgusting bunch of big time Charlie's. Hated in the HL and going the same way this season.

Has to be the most ill informed comment I’ve read, say what you like about the team or management but the fans are a decent bunch who’ve supported their team just like any other on here ... vandalism... that’s slanderous and out of order.

With regards hated in every league you’ll get the usual teams who win and this may promote what ... jealousy, does anyone think that Auchinleck, Man City, Celtic, (or whoever)take kindly to losing?No because they set the bar high and Cove in their own small way are doing the same. Do you think Cowdenbeath take losing happily ? Sitting proudly 2nd in the league really...

COVE Rangers returned home feeling they had been mugged after a last gasp header from Dwayne Hyslop gave Auchinleck Talbot a totally undeserved victory at Beechwood Park. 

It looked as is they were going to earn a replay, which was the very least they deserved, until the Ayrshire men did their smash and grab act.

there looked no danger of Cove losing a game that they were streets ahead in as far as possession, passing football and creating chances went - against opponents who were more than happy to defend in depth.

Talbot struggled to even get a touch of the ball at times.

Ayrshire referee Kevin Graham could have sent off Talbot’s Stephen Wilson in the 53rd minute for blatantly kicking Cove skipper Megginson in the 53rd minute but chose to only book the home midfielder.

HYSLOP nodded home from close range to give Talbot victory with what was their only shot on target the entire afternoon.

940B1904-A66E-46BD-882E-B7B2DDBCE492.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

Has to be the most ill informed comment I’ve read, say what you like about the team or management but the fans are a decent bunch who’ve supported their team just like any other on here ... vandalism... that’s slanderous and out of order.

With regards hated in every league you’ll get the usual teams who win and this may promote what ... jealousy, does anyone think that Auchinleck, Man City, Celtic, (or whoever)take kindly to losing?No because they set the bar high and Cove in their own small way are doing the same. Do you think Cowdenbeath take losing happily ? Sitting proudly 2nd in the league really...

I suspect the comment was not about the cove fans who are a decent bunch in the main but about our experience after the infamous play off when there was vandalism to the dressing room by Cove players.

You should be concerned as a fan your Club are building a reputation in Scottish football as a bunch of wankers.

To have such a ridiculous match report on your official website is embarrassing

to then refuse your hosts hospitality because your team got beat is embarrassing 

and to be funded by a millionaire who spends for fun on players but won’t stretch to even providing visiting teams with a cup of tea is embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

I suspect the comment was not about the cove fans who are a decent bunch in the main but about our experience after the infamous play off when there was vandalism to the dressing room by Cove players.

You should be concerned as a fan your Club are building a reputation in Scottish football as a bunch of wankers.

To have such a ridiculous match report on your official website is embarrassing

to then refuse your hosts hospitality because your team got beat is embarrassing 

and to be funded by a millionaire who spends for fun on players but won’t stretch to even providing visiting teams with a cup of tea is embarrassing.

I would agree with your comments and for the life of me wouldn’t know why a team wouldn’t engage post match. If there was vandalism by players the club should be billed accordingly but wanted to make the point about Cove fans in general and not the team.

7 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

I would agree with your comments and for the life of me wouldn’t know why a team wouldn’t engage post match. If there was vandalism by players the club should be billed accordingly but wanted to make the point about Cove fans in general and not the team.

Cove fans have been fine, they aren’t the problem. Some of the players/management  caused damage to the changing facilities at CP after the playoff game and we all heard the managers comments on Sportsound. 
And as regards losing. We’ve lost plenty games in recent seasons but I’m not aware of any damage to facilities. Are you?

24 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cove fans have been fine, they aren’t the problem. Some of the players/management  caused damage to the changing facilities at CP after the playoff game and we all heard the managers comments on Sportsound. 
And as regards losing. We’ve lost plenty games in recent seasons but I’m not aware of any damage to facilities. Are you?

No I’ve not out of order totally absolutely no need for that, never heard about the incident until now.

Congratulations Auchinleck. I sadly never managed to get down to the game. Heard Cove had more possession, more chances  and Talbot just had the one on target and converted it. Score line that counts. Lovely cross and header I must say.

Wish you well in the next round against Arbroath; a winnable game for you in my eyes.

From the highlights on Youtube I saw that Mitch had 2 chances and so did Aird; the 2nd half one he should have buried. Not convinced we needed to sign Aird, we could have been done with another striker. Mitch would benefit from someone else up top. For me Masson is better than Aird and I hope he doesn't relegated to the bench.

Anyone else agree with my view on Aird and Masson?

It's 2 defeats on the bounce for us. No game this Saturday coming for us so  I might pop down and see Montrose try and secure 4 straight league wins when they play Stranraer.