Scottish Cup Round 2

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Won't be the TV game as Auchinleck's ground doesn't have floodlights yet

😔

P.S - like the username. I’m an IT infrastructure guy who does some Linux among lots of other things. Master at none should say!

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Won't be the TV game as Auchinleck's ground doesn't have floodlights yet

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Home tie ✅. Thoughts on drawing a team who were L1 last season?

Brilliant tie. Very tough but winnable, they won’t know much about us and it will be a little bit of a different experience for them playing at Penicuik so all the ingredients for a great cup tie. Plus, it’s Stenhousemuir... a well known and established team in Scottish football, and we get to play them in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup! Dreamland!

Some tie for you guys too! Hope you can get decent numbers down there and put on a good show. Apart from a few on here, most Talbot fan are fantastic so I’m sure you’ll love it win, lose or draw 👍

33 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Brilliant tie. Very tough but winnable, they won’t know much about us and it will be a little bit of a different experience for them playing at Penicuik so all the ingredients for a great cup tie. Plus, it’s Stenhousemuir... a well known and established team in Scottish football, and we get to play them in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup! Dreamland!

Some tie for you guys too! Hope you can get decent numbers down there and put on a good show. Apart from a few on here, most Talbot fan are fantastic so I’m sure you’ll love it win, lose or draw 👍

I’ll be keeping my eye out on the score at Penicuik Park. All the best and hopefully we’re both in the 3rd round draw.

10 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Being from Aberdeen I know Banks O’Dee are a very good junior side that could upset some L2 sides but not Cowdenbeath. Nairn would be a good away day for the fans. They have started fairly strong in the HL.

Round 3 Fife derby against East Fife or Raith would be a cracker!

I was feeling smug but now you've put doubts in my mind...! :lol:

Is that a new rule this season? As Auchinleck v Ayr was on bbc 1 last season in the same competition 
The bbc never showed any of the early rounds last year only from round 3 and obviously Talbot ayr game was on tv last year due to all the bigger teams they beat to meet ayr and guess what cove was 1 of them and the bbc picked that game to see if they could do it again and also it was a local derby match and if u didn't realise talbot won that has well cant help it if talbot are successful in the cup and get on tv

1 minute ago, allyg1977 said:
1 hour ago, JamesMunro said:
Is that a new rule this season? As Auchinleck v Ayr was on bbc 1 last season in the same competition 

The bbc never showed any of the early rounds last year only from round 3 and obviously Talbot ayr game was on tv last year due to all the bigger teams they beat to meet ayr and guess what cove was 1 of them and the bbc picked that game to see if they could do it again and also it was a local derby match and if u didn't realise talbot won that has well cant help it if talbot are successful in the cup and get on tv

Yeah we’re out for revenge this time around

9 hours ago, allyg1977 said:
10 hours ago, JamesMunro said:

😄

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

The Binos face Strathspey Thistle from the Highland League should be winnable for us. 3rd Round here we come. 😊

Decent draw for the Binos. All going well you should be in third round draw. Hopefully we’ll be joining you but not without a battle I think.

16 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

When it's the Scottish Cup, our gun is permanently loaded and pointed at our foot with the trigger cocked.

Haha 😂. Been some good times too. Vaguely remember you drawing 1-1 with Rangers in a QF a few years back and beating QoS

Edited by CoveRangers1922