Scottish Cup Round 2

Tonight the draw will be made for the Scottish Cup round 2 and that means all the L2 sides along with Brora from the HL and Berwick, BSC Glasgow and EK from the LL will be in the hat (do they still have a hat?), might be a plastic dome!

Regardless of the hat or dome, who would you like to get drawn against and why? Inversely who do you want to avoid?

LIKE - Formartine as a couple of our former players - Dan Park and Daren Kelly - left early this season for there. Be nice to see how they play against us.

LIKE - Edinburgh City; would be a tough fixture but would be a good battle as they have been free scoring as of late.

AVOID - Brora. They can easily upset any L2 side

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

LIKE - For nostalgia I wouldn't mind us playing Berwick one last time.

AVOID; I would imagine Talbot would be the non league side most clubs would want to avoid. Also wouldn't want to draw another L2 which would be boring..

Talbot away would be tough for anyone! 

@cowdenbeath - In your current form it would be a trouncing against Berwick!

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Talbot away would be tough for anyone! 

@cowdenbeath - In your current form it would be a trouncing against Berwick!

Aye maybe but it would be nice to play them again used to be a  favourite away day/weekend for a few of our fans and the Berwick boys seemed to enjoy a day up at our place.

Just now, PELE said:

Away to Lochee or Strathspey Thistle would be my top two choices. After that, away to Banks O' Dee, Nairn County (if they win their replay), Gretna, Rothes, Fort William or Berwick.

Being from Aberdeen I know Banks O’Dee are a very good junior side that could upset some L2 sides but not Cowdenbeath. Nairn would be a good away day for the fans. They have started fairly strong in the HL.

Round 3 Fife derby against East Fife or Raith would be a cracker!

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye maybe but it would be nice to play them again used to be a  favourite away day/weekend for a few of our fans and the Berwick boys seemed to enjoy a day up at our place.

Well the Blue Brazil are looking strong in the league so you’d be tough opponents for anyone in the draw tonight.

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Being from Aberdeen I know Banks O’Dee are a very good junior side that could upset some L2 sides but not Cowdenbeath. Nairn would be a good away day for the fans. They have started fairly strong in the HL.

Round 3 Fife derby against East Fife or Raith would be a cracker!

Just hope we get one of those I listed away, for a decent trip. As mentioned, don't want a boring trip to another League 2 side. 

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

Away to Lochee or Strathspey Thistle would be my top two choices. After that, away to Banks O' Dee, Nairn County (if they win their replay), Gretna, Rothes, Fort William or Berwick.

Rothes away would be a great away day, although after seeing a couple of this season’s highlights they look a very decent team and would take some beating 

25 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Rothes away would be a great away day, although after seeing a couple of this season’s highlights they look a very decent team and would take some beating 

Great 5-1 away win at Cumbernauld Colts yesterday. Must have been one of top results of the day in the Scottish Cup.

Roll that performance onto round 2 and could be tough opponents.

55 minutes ago, PELE said:

Seen us play at Nairn and Gretna so not fussed about them. Been through Rothes but never at the ground same with Lochee been past it but not in it. 

22 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Great 5-1 away win at Cumbernauld Colts yesterday. Must have been one of top results of the day in the Scottish Cup.

Roll that performance onto round 2 and could be tough opponents.

Cheers! Tbh I don’t get to see Penicuik much but it was a welcome result. We’ve not looked great in previous weeks but always seem to pick it up when needed