Pars vs Alloa

They had lots of the ball but we had some decent chances. Great goal for them.
Draw about fair but with earlier subs we might have won.
Serious questions about why a part time team looked more organised than us.

Thx, twitter saying our goal was a 35 yd screamer! Hopefully get to see it later. A point each isn’t ideal but it’s still early in the season and only 3 points between 10th and 6th place. I’ll take it after the pounding from Ayr last week!!

I thought we should've won that based on the second half. We can't keep missing chances like the one early on and that header at the end. I think we are trying to play the ball on the deck but it's a bit too slow at times. Gill should've saved the Alloa goal. Martin was MOM. Classy display at CB again. Really need to start winning at home though. Results are just not good enough.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Really long term we looked fucked theres zero money and backing.

A bit pessimistic.

We can't chuck cash at things like we used to do but that's a good thing. There's a decent budget for the manager although should Crawford leave anyone coming in will have to use the squad as it is until the summer turnover. That's the model and reality now.

We should be living within our means (spending only what we generate/earn) and f**k the model of having a wealthy backer as it isn't sustainable. 

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:
3 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Lol. The boy has no chance of impressing home fans if this is the standard you’ve set. He had no chance!

This. That was as top corner as it gets, Gill can't be blamed for that. Comrie or Dow should have closed the boy down.

I wasn't. Gill push it to the top corner.

You on the wind up? He was the only one trying to beat his man, definitely not disinterested. Not good enough from the team though as a whole, still no home win this season.
There was a point about 5 minutes after he came on when he wasn't even looking at Gil, who had the ball and was wanting to start a quick breakaway. He threw him the ball anyway, and rather than take the ball and run at his man, he simply lofted an aimless ball over the top. He managed to get into several good positions but either tried to take on his man too often or looked lost, then didn't bother his arse to get back when Alloa broke forward. It was an utterly abject cameo.

There was a point about 5 minutes after he came on when he wasn't even looking at Gil, who had the ball and was wanting to start a quick breakaway. He threw him the ball anyway, and rather than take the ball and run at his man, he simply lofted an aimless ball over the top. He managed to get into several good positions but either tried to take on his man too often or looked lost, then didn't bother his arse to get back when Alloa broke forward. It was an utterly abject cameo.
Are you purposely leaving out the 2 brilliant balls he put in dangerous areas one of which on a plate for Nisbet? Think we'll agree to disagree on this one, either way a shite performance and Crawford's peg must be getting shoogly.

A bit pessimistic.
We can't chuck cash at things like we used to do but that's a good thing. There's a decent budget for the manager although should Crawford leave anyone coming in will have to use the squad as it is until the summer turnover. That's the model and reality now.
We should be living within our means (spending only what we generate/earn) and f**k the model of having a wealthy backer as it isn't sustainable. 

Crawford's budget was 35% less than AJ's was last summer! So the point about there being a decent budget for the manager is shite

Just now, Chicken Wing said:

Crawford's budget was 35% less than AJ's was last summer! So the point about there being a decent budget for the manager is shite

Nah he's assembled a decent squad with it. It's definitely a decent budget for this league.

I don't think we were all that bad today.  I would like to see somebody in the middle of the park that can keep the ball and pull the strings a bit. Think the boy Flannigan did that brilliantly for Alloa,  Alloa are actually  a decent footballing side.

Edited by Chubbychops

I don't think we were all that bad today.  I would like to see somebody in the middle of the park that can keep the ball and pull the strings a bit. Think the boy Flannigan did that brilliantly for Alloa,  Alloa are actually  a decent footballing side.
Was he number 11?

Robbie Deas was excellent for Alloa.

The one blemish being inside the opening minute when he failed to safely deal with a ball over the top which Dunfermline almost scored from.

Once he found his feet he blocked numerous shots and was commanding in the air. Andy Graham praised him throughout the game for winning his duels.

An added bonus was his passing when he had time to assess what was in front of him.  I was impressed by Alloa's neat play in the middle of the park. Flannigan had a brilliant game and showed his experience.

Superb hit from Adam Brown, too. For someone who wasn't even supposed to start the match, he sure took his chance.

Edited by Ieuan16

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Was he number 11?

Yes