Pars vs Alloa

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Could Ryan come in for McGill? That is if McGill is indeed benched.

Andy Ryan has had a very strange Pars career. Never seems to do particularly badly when given a chance but AJ and now Crawford have both benched him a lot. 

I'd agree with parsforlife that it would be strange to change much after a 3-0 win.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Andy Ryan has had a very strange Pars career. Never seems to do particularly badly when given a chance but AJ and now Crawford have both benched him a lot. 

I'd agree with parsforlife that it would be strange to change much after a 3-0 win.

Aye, Ryan is an odd one. I'm one of the folk who still see something in him and think he can offer a lot, despite him not regularly starting.

Also agree that a three nil win would suggest no changes. However has Crawford gone with the same starting XI this season? He likes to make changes.

Anyway, anything less than a win totally negates today's result and starts the questions about Crawford again.

Has McCann been given many opportunities as a striker in a 442? My only change would probably be McGill out, although I suspect Craw might just keep the same team. This back four has done well thus far, midfield I don't see any need to change, we have to keep up the attacking threat of Kiltie and Dow on the wings. Up front is the controversial one, Nisbet for me needs a strike partner to be fully effective it's just about who can take their chance to play up top with him. For me so far neither Ryan or McGill have shown enough to start with him. 3 points is a must if we want to get ourselves back in a competitive position in the league.

On 23/09/2019 at 17:36, Chubbychops said:

Few folk talking about McGill blowing out his arse after 20 minutes. Crawford confirmed that he had picked up an Achilles injury in that first half, so that probably explains his performance.

The thing for me is he seems to be blowing out his arse after 20mins during any game he participates in. 

Granted you can count on the one hand the amount of appearances he's made, but he just looks humped every time he runs.

1 minute ago, parsdaft said:

The thing for me is he seems to be blowing out his arse after 20mins during any game he participates in. 

Granted you can count on the one hand the amount of appearances he's made, but he just looks humped every time he runs.

He seems to be scoring goals for fun for the reserve and sounds a bit above that level, so fook knows what's happening when he's playing first team football to make him look gubbed. I've only seen him play in spells though tbf. 

19 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

Me and the pals I was with remarked on this at the St Mirren game. He looked absolutely knackered 10 minutes after coming on, to the point where he could barely run for the ball!

Me and the pals I was with remarked on this at the St Mirren game. He looked absolutely knackered 10 minutes after coming on, to the point where he could barely run for the ball!

Thought the same against Celtic and when he started v Alloa. It’s strange that he seems to do so well for the reserves, but look lost/unfit at first team level.

Also saw him in the Fife Cup game, where I thought he offered very little, but scored a penalty. For a big lad, he gets pushed around a lot and bullied by defenders. Needs to work on that element of his game.